Group Vice President, Enterprise Sales West (Remote)
Posted on 4/5/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA • Chicago, IL, USA
- Success hiring, leading and developing high performing teams
- Success adapting and growing in fast-growing and changing environments
- Success effectively influencing key stakeholders at our customers and inside of Splunk
- Success orchestrating and aligning decision-makers around a common objective
- Deep understanding of SaaS / Cloud Go-To-Market and the required roles for effective customer engagement
- 10+ years experience building and running enterprise sales teams in the software industry
- 3+ years experience as a third line (or fourth line) sales leader
- Must have previously led a $75M+ (minimum) ARR sales organization
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics. Subscription, SaaS, or Cloud software experience is mandatory
- History of consistently meeting/exceeding targets and objectives personally and as a leader
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive-level presentations
- Mastery of Consultative/solution selling methodologies like MEDDPICC, Challenger, Solution Selling, and Sandler
- Technically strong and accustomed to selling into CIOs, CTOs, and Line of Business
- Operationally strong and experienced bringing process and rigor to his/her organization
- An innovator with the courage to nourish “outside the box” thinking to surface and pursue new ideas
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus
- Ability to travel ~50%
- Manage a team of second-line leaders and partner closely with other functional teams
- Lead by example set expectations, and follow through effectively
- Open, inclusive, and team-oriented, building a results-driven culture of accountability and transparency
- Provide coaching and mentorship as needed and ensure that managers do the same for their team
- Consistently deliver against targets - ensuring company goals, and objectives are achieved consistently and sustainably
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for assigned region
- Effectively develop, design, build, and execute all aspects of the Regional business plan to predictably and consistently generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective of overall results
- Put into place sales force structure, process strategies, and strategic resource plans that will capture key opportunities in target markets throughout the Region
- Unearth customer insights, define the value proposition, determine appropriate sales and marketing strategy to maximize growth objectives
- Maintain market intelligence and develop strategies to maintain the Company's leadership position
- Growth mindset with the ability to outline the long term vision and strategy
- Provide leadership and oversight to ensure the team leverages and deploys resources efficiently and for the highest impact. Collaborating with sales engineering, channels/alliances, customer success, renewals professional services, product, legal, marketing, and engineering teams to create a seamless customer experience
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.