Philo is looking for a highly-motivated Head of Growth Marketing.
This is a marketing leadership role that encompasses end-to-end performance marketing strategy across paid online and offline media channels. You are proactive, ROI driven, and ready to set an example of excellence for a passionate team who are helping to drive the business.
The Head of Growth Marketing will be responsible for optimizing, refining, and managing high LTV growth. This role works cross-functionally with Brand, Design, Finance, and Product. The position reports directly to the Head of Marketing.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Set overall growth marketing strategy with an emphasis on increasing marketing effectiveness and subscription volume through rigorous testing
- Manage, mentor, and develop a high-performing team to lead campaign execution, optimization, and analysis
- Lead and set standards for cross functional review of performance reporting across Philo’s marketing portfolio -- aggregating and analyzing metrics from a variety of sources to measure the effectiveness of marketing initiatives from a Return-on-Ad-Spend perspective
- Partner with Brand and Design teams to run an organized creative cadence to maximize impact of advertising
- Own responsibility for budget management, including the determination of optimum budget allocations across the portfolio and recommendations for new channel investment opportunities
- Drive growth initiatives in concert with our product and data science teams, including: landing page optimization, SEO, and marketing mix modeling
- Steward mutually beneficial relationships with marketing partners, platforms, and agencies
- 8+ years of performance marketing experience
- Expertise in strategic marketing considerations across paid social, paid search, video (e.g. YouTube, CTV, linear TV), and audio (e.g. podcasts, radio, streaming)
- Strong experience with presenting to executive audiences and distilling complex analysis into essential considerations that support decision making
- Practical familiarity with testing methodologies to determine marketing channel incrementality including: A/B, matched market, marketing mix modeling (MMM), etc.
- Exemplary analytical savvy with regard to mining statistical insights and keeping a pulse on performance
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and able to parse a wide range of initiatives to isolate the most impactful priorities
- Track record of successfully scaling and optimizing performance marketing budgets
- Proactive collaborator who leads with curiosity and is eager to build bridges across the organization
More about Philo
We strive to build engaging and easy to use streaming apps across a large number of platforms (Android Mobile, Android tablets, Android TV, Amazon FireTV, Roku, iOS, Apple TV, and web), while delivering a large variety of content to our users.
Today there are over 60 channels included in our basic package -- our lineup includes many popular cable networks, like A&E, Accuweather, Animal Planet, AXS TV, BBC America, BET, Cheddar, ComedyCentral, CMT, Discovery Channel, Food Network, Game Show Network, Hallmark, HGTV, IFC, INSP, Lifetime, MTV, Nickelodeon, OWN, Paramount Network, Sundance, TV One, Vice and VH1. We also offer premium add-on channels from Starz and Epix, and we’re always adding more content!
We’re a company that puts people first — both our subscribers and our team. At Philo, our philosophy is to empower our colleagues to do their best work while supporting each other in pursuing shared goals. We value pragmatism, pride in our work, and passion. We believe in having transparency and openness across all parts of the company. We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we grow the Philo team and shape the future of TV -- we believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives on our team enables us to innovate faster and create the best experience for our subscribers.
Philo is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. Our leadership team includes a cofounder of Facebook as well as alums of Comcast and HBO. Philo is backed by NEA and industry partners including Discovery, Paramount, AMC, and A&E.
Status: Full-timeLocation: San Francisco, CA or remoteCompensation: Includes annual salary between $165k-210k depending on experience and location, company stock options, and health benefits
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. Philo is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone does their best work when they are supported by each other and the company, and we offer a generous set of benefits to make sure the Philo team is happy and healthy. Here is a sampling of the benefits we offer our team:
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two week vacation)
- $5250 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $1250 Annual home office + TV stipend
- $500/month ($6,000/year) bonus for employees who commit to working at least 3 days per week in our offices
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!
For California Residents: Philo’s CCPA Notice at Collection – Employees, Applicants, Owners, Directors, Officers and Contractors