Who We Are
Cross River is a highly profitable fast-growing financial technology company recognized for the third year in a row by CB Insights as one of the 250 best global fintechs. Our comprehensive suite of innovative products powers financial solutions with a strong focus on regulatory compliance for our partners and their millions of consumers around the world.
We are on a mission to build the infrastructure that propels access, inclusion and the democratization of financial services. While our company has tripled in size over the last three years, our strong sense of purpose led Cross River to be named to American Banker’s list of Best Places to Work in Fintech for the last 4 consecutive years. The reason for this success is simple --- our nimble, adaptive, and collaborative family culture lives in every member of our growing team. Together we are at the forefront of technology and innovation in financial services and we invite collaborative and motivated high performers to join our rapidly expanding team.
What we’re looking for
In this role, the Audit Director manages the completion of the annual Internal Audit Plan by independently planning and conducting internal audits from start to finish; assigning, reviewing and supervising work of staff auditors; and, conforming to Institute of Internal Auditors’ International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. Audit activities include: pre-audit planning and audit program drafting; identification and assessment of risks; designing and completing testing of internal controls and operating procedures; reviewing for compliance with bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements; drafting initial findings and audit reports; and providing sound recommendations for improvements or corrective action. The Audit Director Audit will also assist in the administration of Internal Audit and the Board of Directors’ Audit and Risk Committee activities.
- Structure and execute efficient and effective audits.
- Identify potential risk, including awareness of risks both within span of control as well as enterprise-wide
- Assign and review the work of audit team members for assigned engagements in coordination with the Chief Auditor
- Assess the state of the governance, risk management, and control environment aspects relevant to that risk
- Report results in an effective and timely basis, leading to appropriate remedial action and ongoing management of risk
- Maintain compliance with audit methodology, while also operating within industry standard methodologies, applicable regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations
- Effectively handle partner relationships to a mutually accountable, productive, supportive, and trusted level
- Ten or more years of internal audit experience
- Experience with the financial industry and related markets, regulatory bodies, and current industry events and trends
- Deep knowledge of risk assessment, audit methodology, and audit execution
- Showed strength in technology as required for assigned areas (MS Office, audit data analytics, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Deep understanding of consumer lending regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree Required – Accounting or Finance Preferred
- Experience working with financial industry regulators
Salary Range: $180,000.00-$220,000.00
Cross River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cross River does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
By submitting your application, you give Cross River permission to email, call, or text you using the contact details provided. We will only contact you with job related information.