Who We Are
We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Location: Los Angeles
The intersection of media and technology is our sweet spot and we are fortunate to be headquartered at the epicenter of the creative economy - Los Angeles. This office houses many of our corporate functions and cross-functional teams tasked with creating exceptional experiences for our passionate communities.
About The Team
Our engineers are pioneering in tools and technologies to efficiently build outstanding user experiences across more than 10 platforms for multiple brands. We work closely with innovative design, user-experience, and user-testing teams to deliver dynamic experiences. Video is at the core of our streaming service and we partner with other content operations, video infrastructure and client teams. We manage metadata and ensure it is available at scale to millions of our anime fans. Our team also supports both external partners and internal stakeholders end-to-end, as content is ingested, organized and distributed within our applications and to other parties. Come join us!
- Education that results in strong understanding of computer science principles and design patterns. Education ranging from a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related science and engineering degree to alternative education, training, bootcamps, or certifications.
- 3+ years of experience in the field as a software engineer
- Experience with ReactJS or VueJS (Typescript)
- Experience in GoLang or Node.js (Typescript)
- Experience with AWS/GCP technologies like Lambda, SQS, EventBridge, EC2, S3 Plus on RDS, DynamoDB, ECS, EKS
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL or PostgresDB
- Has a willingness to be on-call on a rotational basis along with others in the team to ensure incidents are addressed as quickly as possible with the least disruption to our end-users.
- Ability to write & assess clean, functional, high quality and testable code for each of our projects.
- Understanding and experience with common programming constructs like code version control tools like GitHub, CI/CD, writing unit and integration tests.
- Build features based on tech requirements provided. Self managing and efficiently taking projects to completion.
- Positive and proactive, solution-focused contributor and team motivator.
A day in the life:
- Working with your team to add, extend or debug Content Management features serving millions of users internationally
- Brainstorming with your lead, engineering manager and/or the team’s product owner to turn large, deeply technical tasks into smaller tractable work
- Fleshing out the technical details of how you’d approach implementing user stories, helping to break out tickets into subtasks where you feel is reasonable
- Review your work with your team’s product owner and with QA to verify and validate your contributions
- Review the pull requests of other team members, contributing considerations and domain expertise where possible, and paying extra attention to potential software vulnerabilities being inadvertently introduced
- Rarely, responding to an incident affecting one of our subscription services in production, helping others diagnose what went wrong and following up with long-term solutions
- Competitive salary
- “Use What You Need” time away from work policy
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Support program for new parents
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
Questions about Crunchyroll’s hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of a Crunchyroll job offer, please contact [email protected] before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with the content and experiences they love. In addition to free ad-supported and subscription premium content, Crunchyroll serves the anime community across events, theatrical, games, consumer products, collectibles and manga publishing.
Anime fans have access to one of the largest collections of licensed anime through Crunchyroll and translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast.
The Crunchyroll app is available on over 15 platforms, including all gaming consoles.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Courage - When we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
- Curiosity - We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
- Service - We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
- Kaizen - We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#LifeAtCrunchyroll #LI-Hybrid #LI-Remote