Senior Staff Engineer
Android Systems Software
Posted on 8/30/2022
Sorrento Valley, San Diego, CA, USA
- BS/MS with industry experience or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ with in-depth understanding of OS concepts. Hands on experience in developing latency-critical software
- Strong understanding of RTOS, ARM architecture, multiprocessor communication mechanism
- Experience in Android/Linux device driver implementations
- Experience with software integration on Android platforms, identify performance bottlenecks in the system and take ownership of the related optimizations
- Ability to work with cross functional development (HW and SW) and Quality Assurance (QA) teams to diagnose/root-cause issues and deliver best in class AP solutions
- Excellent communication skills with a strong analytical approach to problem-solving
- A strong team player, self-motivated and positive attitude
- Knowledgeable in Android power management, system IO or Security for mobile devices
- BS + 3 years of exp | MS + 1 year of exp
- You're inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding
- You're collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change
One of the world's largest producers of electronic devices
Samsung's mission is to devote its talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society. Samsung produces a wide range of electronic devices and is ranked as a top 10 global brand.
- Comprehensive healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee assistance program, Telehealth services
- Work life success: PTO, FlexTime, FlexPlace, FlexYourFriday
- Financial wellness: Health savings account, Flexible spending acounts, 401(k), Student loan support, Tuition assistance
- Family first: Pregnancy support, Adoption assistance program, Paid child caregiver leave, Milk stork, WINFertility
- Incentives: Fitness reimbursement, Annual physical. Preventative screenings, Lifestyle management
Company Core Values
- People: Quite simply, a company is its people. At Samsung, we’re dedicated to giving our people a wealth of opportunities to reach their full potential.
- Excellence: Everything we do at Samsung is driven by an unyielding passion for excellence and an unfaltering commitment to develop the best products and services on the market
- Change: As we have done since our foundation, we set our sights on the future, anticipating market needs and demands so we can steer our company toward long-term success.
- Integrity: Operating in an ethical way is the foundation of our business. Everything we do is guided by a moral compass that ensures fairness, respect for all stakeholders and complete transparency.
- Co-prosperity: Samsung is committed to becoming a socially and environmentally responsible corporate citizen in all of its communities worldwide.