Senior Project Manager
Posted on 1/31/2024
Civil engineering company
At Wade Trim, we are committed to maximizing the value of your infrastructure investment. For nearly a century, we’ve been solving complex engineering challenges to create stronger communities. Our work approach is customized to fit each client and project. We use a collaborative, friendly style – built on excellent communication before, during and after your project – to deliver solutions you can stand behind.
Industrial & Manufacturing
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 4%
1 year growth↑ 14%
2 year growth↑ 18%
Cleveland, OH, USA
Business & Strategy
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer license
- 10+ years of related Engineering experience
- Experience with ODOT standards and practices
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to oversee, mentor, and supervise junior engineering staff
- Project management and oversight of transportation projects and technical tasks
- Proactively manage project including budget, direct labor and expenses, sub-consultants, schedule, technical requirements, contractual obligations, project communications, etc.
- Design of various transportation projects including roadways, bridge approaches, traffic control plans, etc.
- Write reports using local and state standards
- Attend and/or conduct client and project meetings
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Work collaboratively to grow Wade Trim's presence and market share in the Ohio Transportation market
- Perform client visits and routine sales calls
- Review proposal scope, pricing and other content for transportation projects
- Assist with marketing, proposals, and technical presentations
- Previous ODOT and Ohio Local Public Agency experience
- Experience with other DOT's
- Knowledge in ODOT Plan Preparation and review process
- Experience in preparing ODOT Cost Estimates
- Experience in preparing ODOT schedules and budgets
- Experience with and/or managing the design using ORD
- Design Software (Bentley MicroStation)
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal transportation standards and procedures
What We Offer:
Our excellent salary and benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability coverage, education reimbursement, 401(k), performance bonuses, and an employee stock program. Employee Resource Groups and Programs offered include the Young Professionals Group, Women at Wade Trim, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Professional Development, Leadership Development, Rotation Program, Mentor Program, Sustainability Program, and Wellness Program.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our Transportation Team to improve infrastructure in our Cleveland, Columbus, or Cincinnati office. The candidate must be a licensed Professional Engineer with a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and have at least 10 years of related experience. We are looking for someone who has strong people and team building skills to effectively communicate with clients and staff. The candidate must also be self-motivated, work well with others, and have excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Project management and oversight of transportation projects and technical tasks
• Proactively manage project including budget, direct labor and expenses, sub-consultants, schedule, technical requirements,
contractual obligations, project communications, etc.
• Work closely with client, other disciplines, and stakeholders in the successful delivery of projects
• Responsible for project performance and profitability
• Financial Project Management: i.e. A/R, invoicing, etc.
• Responsible for project performance and client profitability
• Design of various transportation projects including roadways, bridge approaches, traffic control plans, etc.
• Write reports using local and state standards
• Attend and/or conduct client and project meetings
• Maintain a safe working environment
Sales Business Development (Desired)
• Work collaboratively to grow Wade Trim’s presence and market share in the Ohio Transportation market
• Perform client visits and routine sales calls
• Responsible for client satisfaction
• Review proposal scope, pricing and other content for transportation projects
• Assist with marketing, proposals, and technical presentations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required
- Professional Engineer license; ability to obtain PE license in multiple states is required.
- 10+ years of related Engineering experience (Roadway and/or Transportation related design) is required.
- Previous ODOT and Ohio Local Public Agency experience is preferred, experience with other DOT’s is applicable.
- Knowledge in ODOT standards and practices is required. This is including:
- Experience with the ODOT Plan Preparation and review process is required.
- Experience in preparing ODOT Cost Estimates is required.
- Experience in preparing ODOT schedules and budgets is required.
- Experience with and/or managing the design using ORD is required.
- Design Software (Bentley MicroStation) is required.
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal transportation standards and procedures is required.
- Strong written and verbal skills are required.
- Ability to oversee, mentor, and supervise junior engineering staff is required.
About Wade Trim:
Wade Trim is committed to maximizing the value of infrastructure investments. We’ve been solving complex engineering challenges for nearly a century. We customize our work approach to fit each project using a collaborative, friendly style to deliver solutions our clients can stand behind.
Our supportive culture recognizes and strives to fulfill collective client, company, and individual needs. Mentoring and building skills of Wade Trim staff is a priority. Frequent interaction among staff is encouraged, company leadership is easily accessible, and opportunities are provided for staff to help shape the firm’s future through strategic planning. Work/life balance is supported through a flexible, hybrid work schedule that brings team members together in the office at least two days a week and connects them virtually when working from home.
To solve our clients’ toughest challenges, we’ve devoted ourselves to delivering innovative solutions. Our Office of Applied Technology (OAT) is dedicated to seeking new technologies or ways to apply existing technologies to enhance value to our clients and positively impact communities. All staff are encouraged to share ideas and suggestions for innovative technologies or processes to adopt. This open-minded approach enables us to advance technology, foster innovation, and stay ahead of our clients’ needs.
Wade Trim’s success is shared by the employees that make it happen. Since our beginning, our firm has been 100% employee owned. This cultivates an ownership mindset that benefits our work approach, collaborative culture, and ability to deliver client solutions. We believe employee ownership drives the sustainability and growth of our firm and provides all our employees with opportunities for financial success.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in a friendly environment, please submit your resume by visiting the Careers section of our website at http://www.wadetrim.com/careers.
Wade Trim is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.