Privacy Operations & Risk Manager
Posted on 11/9/2022
Normal, IL, USA
- 4+ years of proven privacy operational experience in multinational, complex fast-growing global organizations, preferably involving automotive and/or technology
- Knowledge of applicable global data privacy laws and requirements including the CCPA, CPRA and GDPR with experience spotting emerging trends and new and evolving issues
- Experience with privacy-related customer interactions and the development of policies, procedures, and related compliance documentation
- Organizational, project management, strategic and operational planning skills with a deadline-centric and action-oriented mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to successfully work with all levels of the organization
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, with a focus on conciseness, clarity, and responsiveness
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with O365 Suite and familiarity with project management and reporting software such as SmartSheet and Tableau
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) Certification a plus
- Creative and solution oriented - willingness to come up with new ways to enable the privacy program to be more effective
- Ability to travel, as required
- Develop and implement privacy policies and procedures, training, and tools addressing Rivian's data collection, use, and retention of personal information
- Manage privacy-related inquiries from customers, including questions, comments, and concerns
- Work closely with Rivian's Customer Service team to track, report on, and respond to data- and privacy-related inbound comms
- Provide training to Rivian's Customer Service team on privacy risks and escalations
- Develop and enhance Rivian's privacy rights request processes consistent with legal requirements and best practices, including through tools such as OneTrust
- Lead or support project management and execution for key data- and privacy-related initiatives
- Support third-party risk management activities and tools
- Support project management and execution for key data- and privacy-related initiatives
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team