, New York
6 month growth↑ 29%
1 year growth↑ 106%
2 year growth↑ 317%
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience reading and writing code, preferably in Python and/or React
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical scenarios to non-technical individuals
- Detail-oriented and able to track down and fix bugs
- Comfortable with ambiguity and operating with a high degree of autonomy
- Supporting the Customer Experience and sales team to resolve technical issues and requests
- Investigating and fixing bugs affecting users' experience
- Working on tooling and processes to improve customer support
- Being the technical voice of the customer to drive high-impact solutions
- Shaping the role of a Technical Support Engineer at Headway and contributing to team growth
- Experience with React and Python
- Familiarity with database queries and codebase review
- Ability to write documentation and educate cross-functional teams
Headway’s mission is a big one - to build a new mental health care system everyone can access. We’ve built technology that helps people find great therapists with the first software-enabled national network of providers accepting insurance.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of providers don’t accept insurance, making therapy too expensive for most people. Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access by making it easy for therapists to take insurance and scale their practice.
Headway was founded in 2019 – since then, we’ve grown into a diverse, national network of over 25,000 mental healthcare providers across all 50 states who run their practice on our software. We’re a Series C company with over $225m in funding from a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), Accel, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Thrive Capital, and Health Care Service Corporation.
We want your time here to be the most meaningful experience of your career. Join us, and help change mental healthcare for the better.
Headway is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to help us get closer to executing our mission: to create access to affordable, quality mental healthcare across the United States. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will make a direct impact on Headway providers and patients every day. The Technical Support team is part of our Engineering team, and you will be working alongside our Customer Experience team, Growth team and other stakeholders within the company in order to provide an exceptional user experience. Your primary role will be investigating and resolving technical issues that our customers face. This will require you to run database queries, review our codebase and collaborate with software engineers if necessary, and where possible push fixes. Additionally, you will be working on building processes and writing documentation to help your colleagues on the TSE team and educate cross-functional teams and assist them in their day-to-day operations.
- Support our Customer Experience and sales team to help resolve issues and requests that require technical support
- Investigate and fix bugs affecting our users’ experience
- Work on tooling and processes to help the Customer Experience team deliver the best possible support to our users
- Be the technical voice of the customer to help get high impact solutions shipped
- Shape what being a TSE at Headway means and help grow the team
You will love this role if:
- You are comfortable reading and writing code (bonus points for Python and/or React)
- You are proficient in SQL
- You can effectively communicate complex technical scenarios to people with less technical knowledge
- You love tracking down bugs -- and you are determined to squash them!
- You are extremely detail oriented
- You love diving into new technologies, products and systems to become an expert
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy operating with a high degree of autonomy
Our Interview Process
After you apply to Headway, here are some details of what to expect during the interview process.
- Initial screen: You’ll connect with someone in recruiting, so you can learn more about the team, Headway’s mission and exciting growth, and we can get a better idea of your background.
- Take home assignment: You’ll complete a take home assignment in which you can demonstrate your troubleshooting and communication skills.
- First round: You’ll meet with a Technical Support Engineer on the team to do some live coding and learn more about the engineering team.
- Final rounds: You’ll meet several more team members for technical and non-technical interviews and leave with a fuller picture of what it’s like to work at Headway.
- References and the Offer: Our favorite part of the process! We’ll send over all the details, including specifics on employee equity, and congratulatory messages from excited future team members!
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary information is based on a single salary target per role:
- The starting salary for Technical Support Engineers is $85,000 and increases to $146,625 based on industry tenure and experience.
- Benefits offered include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- HSA / FSA
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Therapy Reimbursement
- 16-week parental leave for eligible employees
- Carrot Fertility annual reimbursement and membership
- 13 paid holidays each year as well as a Holiday Break during the week between December 25th and December 31st
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and professional development
We believe a team’s strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected]
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.