Santa Ana, California
6 month growth↓ -1%
1 year growth↑ 7%
2 year growth↑ 5%
- College/University student enrolled in last year of bachelor’s degree program
- 0-2 years' of work experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications
- Interest in Mortgage, Real Estate, Financial industry, Title Insurance or related industries
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ingrained concern for the customer and representing the company professionally
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Focus on all aspects of Wealth Management and systems that support data flow, reporting, and reconciliation
- Complete significant work assignments to support a specific business function within Accounting and Finance
- Field of Study in Accounting, Finance or Economics with an interest in investments
- Willingness to learn about the software development lifecycle
- Competencies in Communication, Customer Focus, Ethics & Integrity, Teamwork & Adaptability, Productivity & Initiative
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of the First American family of companies, First American Trust is a federal savings bank that has provided banking, wealth management, and trust solutions on a national, full-service basis for more than five decades. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We Do
First American’s Internship Program is a full-time, 10-12 week paid internship starting in May and June 2024. The Intern will work in a program designed to help college students gain experience and develop the technical, professional and interpersonal skills that will be invaluable throughout their career. As a First American Intern you will gain exposure to working in a corporate environment within the Financial Industry—balanced with intern-specific activities, executive level presentations and networking opportunities—while under the close supervision and guidance of a manager and/or mentor. Undergraduate students are assigned significant work assignments to support a specific business function within Accounting and Finance.
This is an internship which will focus on all aspects of Wealth Management and systems that support data flow, reporting and reconciliation.
We are seeking College/University students enrolled in their last year of bachelor’s degree programs with 0-2 years’ of work experience. Preferred Field of Study in- Accounting, Finance or Economics with an interest in investments.
To qualify, candidates will possess the following:
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications and an understanding of the software development lifecycle
• An interest and willingness to learn about Mortgage, Real Estate, the Financial industry, Title Insurance or related industries
• The ability to solve problems, be detailed oriented and be conscientious about all work completed
• An ingrained concern for the customer and representing our Company in the best professional manner as possible
• The potential to excel in the following competencies: Communication, Customer Focus, Ethics & Integrity, Teamwork & Adaptability, Productivity & Initiative
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
Pay Range- $18hr-$21hr
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location