WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Are you passionate about Public Relations and Record Labels? Then you’re in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of the public relations space. Is this you? Read on…
WHO ARE WE?
Insomniac produces some of the most innovative, immersive music festivals and events in the world. Enhanced by state-of-the-art lighting, pyrotechnics and sound design, large-scale art installations, theatrical performers and next generation special effects, our events captivate the senses and inspire a unique level of fan interaction. The quality of the Headliner experience is our top priority.
Insomniac produces 10,000 concerts, club nights and festivals for seven million attendees annually across the globe. Since its inception, Insomniac’s events have taken place in 13 countries across five continents. The company’s premiere annual event, Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas, is the world’s largest dance music festival and attracts more than 525,000 fans over three days. The company was founded by Pasquale Rotella and has been based in Los Angeles since it was formed in 1993.
Insomniac Events is seeking a highly motivated and proactive PR Intern to join the records team in Los Angeles. This position will be hands-on experience in an exciting, fast-paced, friendly and inspired setting. This position reports to the Director & Insomniac Music Group Promo Manager. This is a paid internship and is not a remote position.
- Supplement outreach across various avenues of streaming and media
- Facilitate growth of internal database of third-party playlists, press partners, radio and tastemaker contacts
- Draft and edit content for singles, EPs, albums, compilations, and other as needed
- Monitor correspondence and field pending PR and Promo requests
- Maintain internal resources to ensure relevant info is as current as possible
- Collect and source data for internal research projects and pitch decks
- Project-manage various other short-term assignments, as requested
- Provide support at events on site as needed
- All other press/promo related duties as requested
- Must be 18 years of age and currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or trade school
- Must be able to work out of Calabasas, CA office at least two days a week for four hours each day
- Typical commitment is 10-24 hours per week
- Must be motivated with an “Everything is possible” attitude
- Must be an active problem solver, instilled with a sense of urgency for projects large and small
- Knowledge of dance music and Insomniac’s brands
- Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
- May work in drastic temperature climates
- Must be willing to work during evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Insomniac strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Insomniac recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Insomniac may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
The expected compensation for this position in California is:
$15.50 USD - $17.00 Hourly
**Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the California Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements Law. It is estimated based on what a successful California applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in California or perform the position from California. Similar positions located outside of California will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Live Nation takes into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the California Law, a potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.