Discover our galaxy 🪐
Malt was founded in 2013 and, since then, we have managed to become the fastest growing freelance marketplace, gathering a community of 470k+ freelancers, 50k+ companies, and 600+ Malters. We’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solution — all on a powerful, data driven tech platform — to match companies with the right freelance talent. But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more. It’s all about giving both freelancers and companies added peace of mind, so that every experience on Malt is nothing less than (inter)stellar.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 600+ Malters from 40+ nationalities
- Multiple offices per country (United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Middle East)
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
Explore your future career 🔭
*Please note, the start date for this position would be Q4 2023*
Following a Series D round of funding, Malt has opened an office in the UK. As part of the initial launch team we are looking for an experienced Business Unit Manager/Head of Sales (depending on seniority) based in London. This is an exciting opportunity to grow and lead a team through a time of exponential growth.
The successful candidate will support and manage a team of Business Development Managers to acquire, establish, and nurture long-term partnerships with enterprise accounts. You will define the team’s priorities and territories, refining our go-to-market strategy and becoming a thought partner for our client’s leadership teams on the “future of work”. You are responsible for growing your business and helping Malt become the European leader of freelancing.
This is a challenging end-to-end sales role that will directly contribute to the commercial expansion of Malt UK. This position will report directly to our UK Country Head.
Key responsibilities ✨
- Manage, grow and lead our sales team, including setting targets, monitoring performance, providing coaching and training and recruitment.
- Lead by example by developing your own pipeline and signing key accounts through sometimes complex tenders, mastering the Malt sales pitch, the product, the sales tools and the CRM.
- Build, maintain and grow your network and relationships with key clients, partners, and stakeholders to drive sales growth and heighten Malt’s presence in the UK.
- Develop and implement sales strategies and plans to meet or exceed revenue targets and goals.
- Work closely with Sourcing, Community, Marketing, Product and other teams such as Legal, to ensure alignment of sales strategies and plans, as well as providing feedback on how we can improve our product at Malt.
- Attend industry events and conferences to network and stay up-to-date with market trends.
About you 🧑🚀
- 8+ years experience working in Sales with at least 2-3 of these involving managing, developing and growing a sales team.
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue targets and driving sales growth, dealing with complex selling cycles and negotiations.
- Excellent communication, presentation and networking skills, having built up a solid network in the UK.
- Able to define a business unit plan and monitor execution, preferably in a tech/SaaS environment.
- Data driven, process and results-oriented with a strong initiative and entrepreneurial resilience.
How to join the mission? 🚀
- Screening with Sophie, Talent Acquisition Manager, to better understand your background, aspirations and answer your questions. (30-45 minutes)
- Interview with Will, Director Management Consulting, to discuss your experience and how it would align with this role (45-60 minutes)
- Case study presentation with Quentin (General Manager Northern Europe) and Charlie (UK Country Head) (1 hour)
- Final interview with Alex (Co-CEO) to discuss Malt’s long term vision and to check any remaining questions.
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
🤝 Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
🏖️ Annual leave: 30 days/year
📆 Sabbatical: 1 month paid sabbatical once you’ve been with Malt for 3 years
💰 Bonus scheme: Opportunity to earn based on your performance!
📈 Stock options: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
📚 Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to your career, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow
💻 Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
✈️ Annual off-sites: Les Arcs, Amsterdam, Ibiza… Where next ?
🩺 Private health insurance: Rewarded for healthy living by our UK provider Vitality
🚴 Cycle to work scheme: Save on a bike and equipment
🚊 Season ticket loan: Save on public transport
💸 Pension: Malt contributes 5% through Aviva
🐶 Dog friendly office: In the heart of London!
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐