Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
Offboard Planning, Autonomy
Posted on 2/23/2023
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Machine Learning or a related field
- 3+ years of experience working on production ML systems
- Expert level knowledge and experience Pythonand PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Solid understanding of state-of-the-art models and approaches or perception, prediction, or planning in the self-driving space
- Capable of working in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills that can build team consensus
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development validation to a verified product
- Self-motivated: Demonstrated ability to set direction and guide the team towards it
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed
- Develop ML models for experimentation workflows that enables accelerating development of planning and prediction algorithms for autonomous driving
- Define and implement smart and human relative metrics which measure the performance and safety of the autonomy system
- Work with millions of miles of driving data stored in the cloud to help drive data-driven decision-making processes
- Develop ML models for realistic simulation including smart actors for interactive simulation and scenario generation
- Good understanding of linear algebra, geometry, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience with Automotive Self-Driving or similarly complex Robotics Systems
- Experience with appropriate verification and validation efforts at different test levels (unit testing/SIL/HIL/Vehicle)
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team