The Firmware team is responsible for the embedded software development of the Zoox vehicle’s low level driving, body, and safety systems to provide a robust and highly automated vehicle platform for the autonomous driving software and rider software to build on. Shipping the software that powers Zoox’s revolutionary autonomous vehicles is an extremely challenging job. In this role, you will have the opportunity to act as a force multiplier for the team by improving the build-and-release process. We are looking for Senior engineers with strong technical backgrounds in build systems, version control, and continuous integration systems.
- Scope releases and shepherd them through development and validation
- Regularly communicate and report on release status and key issues to management and across teams within the organization
- Define release readiness criteria and metrics, tracking release health, ensuring all changes meet the criteria prior to deployment
- Partner with stakeholders in engineering, project management, product and QA to iteratively refine and improve the release lifecycle process in a data-driven, solutions-oriented manner
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience working as release/ build engineer for large, complex products
- Solid understanding of source control (Git), branch management, and conflict resolution
- Experience with CI/CD including build and deploy tools like CircleCI, Jenkins, and Bamboo
- Programming experience including Python, or other scripting languages.
- Experience with change management systems (JIRA preferred)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Experience with databases (PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Bazel experiences a plus.
- Competency in GSuite
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $176,00 to $253,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate’s relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.