Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam.
Loopio is looking for a passionate and endlessly curious Software Developer to join one of our growing teams. You will work cross-functionally across a team of innovative Engineers, Product Managers and Designers to deliver a world-class product to our users. In terms of how we work, we put a strong focus on collaboration and working together to support each other in everything that we do.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working with a team of developers to build end-to-end features from scratch.
- Collaborating closely with our Product Managers and Product Designers in an agile environment to bring features to life and iterate on them based on our customers’ feedback.
- Using your knowledge of full stack development to support the team where needed, whether frontend or backend - all of the ‘ends’.
- Participating in all Scrum rituals (planning, backlog grooming, sprint review, retrospectives and daily standups).
- Contributing to the transition of our application to a service-based architecture.
- Squashing bugs as they come up because you have a focus on quality software.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- 1-4 years of professional software development experience.
- Understanding of web applications with foundational development experience in both backend and frontend.
- A desire and ability to learn and grow; this team is quite Senior in its makeup and, as such, is a great learning opportunity ready to be taken advantage of.
- The ability to collaborate well in a team environment and work towards a common goal.
- A “get it done” attitude, but you understand the difference between smart shortcuts and risky ones.
- Experience in the following is a plus: MySQL, PHP, React, REST APIs.
Where You’ll Work
- Loopio is a remote-first workplace because we recognize the advantages of working flexibly. We have two Hub Regions, which means that employees live and work within a 300 KM radius of Toronto (within Ontario) or Vancouver (within British Columbia) and work within regular business hours in their timezone.
- Loopio’s office headquarters are located in Toronto’s vibrant Kensington Market. All Loopers have the option to work from home. Ontario Loopers have the option to work in the Toronto HQ and BC Loopers may work from our co-working office in Gastown Vancouver. It is whatever works best for you!
- You’ll collaborate with your teams virtually (we’re just a Zoom call away!) and have established core sync hours and focus time during the workday to enable us to work smarter together.
Why You’ll Love Working at Loopio
- Your manager supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s
- We have an Engineering Mentorship Program that promotes collaborative learning relationships between mentors and mentees to work towards accomplishing clearly-defined development goals
- You have tons of autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth (every Looper receives a professional mastery allowance each year)
- You’ll be set up to work remotely with a MacBook laptop, a monthly phone and internet allowance, and a work-from-home budget to help get your home office all set up!
- Join us in quarterly company celebrations and company-wide annual retreat to celebrate the big wins and milestones as #oneteam!
- You’ll be joining a culture that has thoughtfully built out opportunities for connections in a remote first environment.
- We have Employee Resource Groups, House Teams (curious? ask us about it!), virtual yoga, cooking classes and many more moments for us to have fun and learn together!
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning workplace and one of Canada’s fastest growing companies with ample opportunity to make a big impact here!
We recognize that all too often, potential candidates don’t apply for a position simply because they don’t hit every single criteria included in the job description—particularly members of underrepresented groups.
Whether or not your experience checks off all the boxes on a job posting, we still encourage you to apply to ensure that your application receives a review from our team. We understand that a resume can only showcase so much during the applicant stage, so we’ve created prompts in the application for you to share more about yourself. If you’ve made a career transition (or a few!), you’re self taught in a new role, or you have skills/experience you’d like to highlight, we want to hear more about what you could bring to the table.
Loopio is an equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to building equitable workplaces that are diverse and inclusive. We actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds and lifestyles to consider us as a future employer. Please contact a member of our Talent Experience team ([email protected]) should you require accommodations at any point during our virtual interview processes.