Sr. Product Compliance Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, math, or physics discipline
- 7+ years of professional experience coordinating testing of electronic products for safety, EMC, radio and environmental compliance
- 3+ years of experience managing product technical requirements, scope, schedule, or cost
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly cross-functional role
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup atmosphere
- Outstanding project management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Own and drive product level compliance, ensuring all regulatory requirements are met to facilitate global market access, brand protection, and product safety
- Coordinate with internal SpaceX groups, external Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTL), and committees in all matters of regulatory compliance including Safety, EMC, Radio, and Environmental testing to achieve product conformity
- Drive product design requirements in order to achieve regulatory compliance
- Oversee compliance testing to FCC, IEC, CSA, ETSI and other applicable domestic and international standards
- Represent and advocate company interests at relevant domestic and international standards development venues
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.