Principal Software Engineer- Database Security
Posted on 3/17/2022
Bellevue, WA, USA
- 15+ years of industry experience designing, building, and supporting large-scale distributed systems in production, with recent experience in building large scale cloud services
- Deep knowledge and experience with different security areas like identity and access management, cryptography, network security, etc
- Experience with database systems and database internals, such as query engines and optimizers are a big plus
- Strong fundamentals in computer science skills
- Expert-level development skills in Java or C++
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Lead highly impactful initiatives from idea formulation to design and implementation
- Innovate, design and build highly available, reliable and secured distributed services and solutions within the global Snowflake
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding security, reliability, availability, and performance
- Mentor and coach other engineers
- Knowledge of industry standard security concepts and protocols like SAML, SCIM, OAuth, RBAC, cryptography is a plus
- Ph.D. in the related field is a plus
Data warehouse for the cloud
Snowflake has become a global force to help mobilize the world’s data. Snowflake enables thousands of organizations to have seamless access to explore, share, and unlock the true value of their data.
- We've got your back - We offer comprehensive health insurance plans, health savings accounts, robust retirement plans, and generous life and disability insurance.
- A Balanced Lifestyle - All Snowflakes have access to our weekly online lunch and learns, virtual workout classes, and ergonomic work-from-home equipment. We offer on-demand mental health and wellness programs to support our employees and their families.
- Your People Matter - Help offset the cost of growing your family with our fertility benefits and family planning resources. Count on our generous time-off and various leave plans for you to rest, refuel, and sustain a great work-life balance.
- Global Snowflake Team - No matter where you are in the world, we will get you connected and supported with a work-from-home setup.
- Treat Yourself - Personalize your Snowflake benefits by tapping into our employee discounts and pre-tax selections.
- Invest In Your Future - Eligible employees enjoy new hire equity, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), and a quarterly bonus or commission program.
- Put Customers First
- Integrity Always
- Think Big
- Be Excellent
- Make Each Other the Best
- Get It Done
- Own It
- Embrace Each Other's Differences