Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Axon is expanding into the federal market and is growing our team! We need a high energy, process focused federal forecast manager to work with internal teams at Axon and work closely with them to help drive all aspects of financial strategy and execution of financial goals. This includes partnering directly with sales, program management and operations to help execute key initiatives and deliverables.
You will join an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for those of you who share this passion. Come work with us in a dynamic environment in which you’ll use your passion, technical experience, and strong problem-solving skills. Day to day you will learn a tremendous amount about managing a P&L, cash flow, forecasting, product finance, financial reporting, managing rapid growth, and much more.
What You’ll Do
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Reports to: Director, Federal Operations
Direct Reports: 0
- Apply business and financial acumen to support various levels of Operational and Financial decision makers with data, analysis, metrics, process creation/improvement and operating model alignment
- Support federal teams in their holistic analysis of P&L both at the opportunity/program, agency/department , market (civilian/defense) and business unit for performance for key Product/Market Segments and contribute with financial modeling, analysis, data, and reporting.
- Support the Federal Strategic Portfolio Planning Process by assisting in the creation of modeling for new Products & Strategic initiatives and in doing so the role will collaborate cross functionally and will have full P&L exposure.
- Build and maintain quarterly financial and operational reporting packages for federal markets
- Support the federal forecasting process for R&D/product spend and present results to R&D leaders.
- Participate in FP&A meetings such as executive corporate forecast reviews and budget vs. actuals reviews.
- Drive regular cost reduction, headcount, and budget reviews to ensure alignment to the company plan and product strategy
- Model new product design iterations and develop the business case for new products and features based on product-market fit
- Support Product Roadmap prioritization based on profit contribution and engineering resource constraints in close partnership with engineering and product leads
- You will support pricing analysis on all RFP as well as analysis and recommendations in support of pricing week updates to federal price books
- Generate and maintain dashboards to track and report on relevant metrics
- Build revenue and forecast models for the federal business
- You will partner with the Chief of staff to prepare monthly budget vs actual analysis, operating expense flux commentary and perform ad hoc reporting and analysis to track delivery of EBITDA goal
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Financial Accounting
- 4 years of experience in building and maintaining financial models, forecasting and
business analytics in a dynamic environment, supporting both financial and operational decision makers
- Scenario Modeling & Analysis: Heavy data analysis and dynamic scenario modeling with emphasis on researching and validating the modeling inputs and assumptions and ensuring their alignment with operational models and strategic goals
- Ability to work independently and interact effectively cross functionally
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
The Pay: The compensation for this role is made up of uncapped commissions and a starting base pay between USD 90,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 160,000 in the highest geographic market. On average, the national commissions target for this role is 40,000 USD. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: experience, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and geographic market demands and often a combination of all these factors. Our base salary is just one component of Axon’s competitive total rewards strategy including benefits, an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [email protected]. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.