Senior Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Birmingham, AL, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
Google Cloud Platform
- Software development skills in one or more of the following frameworks & languages: Java / Golang / NodeJS / Python / equivalent
- Container technologies: Docker, Linux debugging
- Strong interpersonal skills, a demeanor emphasizing team wins over individual success
- Comfort working in an agile, social and fast-paced environment
- Craft microservices, components, & tools to automate the life cycle of highly available (HA), distributed services and applications on multiple platforms!
- Engineer quality, scalability, availability, and security into your code
- Protect your products with the assurances of automated testing
- Deploy containerized applications to AWS through your Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment
- Work with highly skilled team members, operations team, product managers, and architects as we collaborate to write code / algorithms, mentor one another and build infrastructure and software that matters
- This is an office-based position with the flexibility to WFH as applicable
- This position is regularly involved pair programming
- How our CCS group operates: https://medium.com/guidewire-engineering-blog/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-cloud-common-services-engineer-c67cf3debc57
- What the general Interview process will be: https://medium.com/guidewire-engineering-blog/preparing-to-interview-with-guidewire-cloud-common-services-team-7d0697592929
- Advocate of cloud platforms (like Kubernetes / Mesos / Cloud Foundry / OpenShift, AWS / GCP / Azure, Serverless)
- Prior experience with Infrastructure as Code and configuration management, using tools like Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with Spring Boot / Bash programming skills
- BS/MS degree (Computer Science or Math) or equivalent level of proven professional proficiency
Recurring revenue software
Guidewire's mission is the be the platform insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. The company is building a data-backed insurance solution.
- Financial: Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
- Health & Wellness: Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
- Flexible Working: Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
- Downtime: Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
- Continual Development: We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
- Career Mobility: Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.
Company Core Values
- Integrity: We build and maintain honest, candid, and caring relationships with clients, potential customers, partners, investors, and of course, each other!
- Rationality: All we do is supported by factual evidence—whether it’s building awesome products, making decisions, or communicating with each other.
- Collegiality: We’re in it together—so we’re all equal. We work in professional harmony, with respect, without arrogance, and as part of a structure where responsibility is shared and owned by all of us.