Senior Staff Design Engineer
Updated on 1/31/2023
Palo Alto, CA, USA
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 8+ years of industry experience, or equivalent
- A creative, first-principals, systems-thinking approach to solving problems
- Proven success in the end-to-end development of consumer products with a mastery of NPI requirements
- Proficiency creating CAD model and drawings following ANSI Y14.5, preferably CATIA v6 or Solidworks
- Proficiency design in metallic, plastic, and composite components
- Experience working with domestic and international suppliers
- Independently own the end-to-end development of mechanical and electromechanical components in support of our vehicle program
- Create and develop detailed engineering and product requirements
- Generate concept sketches, mechanical designs, physical prototypes, and presentation materials to effectively communicate ideas to teammates and leadership
- Mechanical and electro-mechanical design in 3D CAD, including tolerancing and creation of 2D drawings
- Develop and manage your part system, subsystem and component data through the PLM environment
- Manage the verification and validation activities for your systems
- Work with both domestic and international suppliers to ensure quality and program timing are met
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team