Manager – Data & Systems
Posted on 11/22/2022
Normal, IL, USA
- 3-5+ years of experience in Automotive, Tier 1, OEM, or technical field with emphasis on the business systems required for Material Flow operations
- BS/BA in Logistics, Operations, Supply Chain, IT, or related field
- SAP Experience highly preferred, to include experience leading an SAP or making significant enhancements to the software in a manufacturing environment
- Emphasis on warehouse management systems specifically, SAP EWM or similar
- Master's Degree in a related field preferred, could include Industrial Engineering, Systems, Supply Chain, Software Engineering
- Strong collaborator, with willingness to drive change and a track record of success working with cross-functional team
- Clear understanding of warehouse management systems (EWM) and the interaction with ERP systems (SAP)
- Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities
- Broad experience defining, launching, and driving strategic process redesign initiatives to improve internal and external processes and operations, working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment
- Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes
- Experience working with data analytics, understanding and developing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and the defining and building the tools needed to manage by KPI
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to communicate using telephone and e-mail
- Responsible for ensuring that system functionality exists to support physical material handling processes that enable adequate material flow and inventory accuracy
- Build business process requirements and communicate them to the appropriate IT development teams for any new process implementation
- Lead workshops that include our operations teams and any cross-functional stakeholders to determine system gaps and/or continuous improvement opportunities
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the department in conjunction with any new system functionality to ensure process stability and consistency; build out training content to support the rollout of these procedures to the appropriate audiences
- Monitor systems performance and urgently respond to any deviations from normal operation or risks of system errors or downtime
- Manage the day-to-day operations for a team of Material Integration Specialists and Data Analytics specialists, ensure work efficiency and appropriate utilization of these specialized resources4
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team