Senior Software Engineer
Updated on 11/23/2022
Remote • United States
Data Structures & Algorithms
- 5+ years in back-end development in Java, Spring, web technologies, and distributed systems
- Knowledge of databases design and optimization techniques
- Proven experience building software in a microservices architecture and API design
- Prowess in building large scale distributed systems for big data analysis and processing
- Expertise in building and operating SaaS solutions, managing multitenant solutions
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (preferably AWS)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of CS Fundamentals - object-oriented programming & design, data structures, algorithms, computational complexity, databases, and software engineering principles
- Develop highly reliable and scalable production web applications and data processing systems
- Create novel solutions to challenging software engineering problems for pivotal company projects
- Learn and leverage new programming languages, design methodologies, and technologies
- Participate in all steps of the agile software development process - gathering requirements, planning, designing, coding, testing, QA'ing, deploying, bug fixing, and maintaining
- Demonstrate leadership by independently designing solutions, reviewing code, helping junior team members, making technical decisions, and taking responsibility for getting things done
- Work on a collaborative cross-functional team including product management, UX design, project management, UI and back end engineers, quality assurance, and operations
- Assist in building the team by participating in recruiting, interviewing, onboarding, and mentoring
- Industry experience developing, testing, and releasing production software
- HTTP/JSON web application, microservice, and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) design
- REST & CRUD API development, Java Spring Framework, SQL & NoSQL database design, and JDBC
- Big data, data processing pipelines, or ETL (extract, transform, load) systems
- MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, Cascading, Flume, Flink, Yarn, and similar technologies
- Amazon AWS (or other) cloud technologies: EMR, Redshift, RDS, DynamoDB, S3, ECS, EC2
- Software test design and development; unit, functional, deployment, and end-to-end testing
- CI/CD environments, Jenkins, JUnit, TestNG, or similar testing and QA frameworks
- Exposure to Agile/Sprint/Scrum software development practices
Business intelligence products for companies
Dun & Bradstreet seeks to create a global network of trust enabling clients to turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity, and potential into prosperity. The company is building on its world-class data and analytics—Dun & Bradstreet Data Cloud—to deliver more data and deeper insights.
- Medical and Prescription Drug: Comprehensive coverage through a choice of a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan and Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP). The CDHP plan has a Health Savings Account (HSA) option. D&B contributes to the HSA each year.
- Dental: Insurance including preventive care, basic care, major care and orthodontia
- Vision: Coverage for routine eye exams and prescription lenses, frames and contact lenses
- Health Care Accounts: Set aside before-tax dollars to pay for eligible health care expenses. You can choose a Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Life Insurance: Company paid life insurance, as well as additional coverage including Basic, Supplemental, Spouse or Domestic Partner, and Child
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance: Benefit that provides a payment if you suffer an accident that is fatal or dismembering
- Business Travel Accident Insurance: Benefit that provides a payment if you are injured or die as a result of an accident while traveling on Company-approved business
- Short-Term Disability (STD): Company provided benefit that offers you income protection for absence due to nonwork-related injury or illness
- Long-Term Disability (LTD): Coverage that picks up when your STD ends. It provides income protection if you become totally disabled and are unable to work after 180 days of continuous disability.
- Critical Illness Insurance: Insurance that is intended to supplement your medical and disability coverage. It provides a lump-sum benefit in the event you (or a covered family member) are diagnosed with a covered condition, such as cancer, heart attack, and more
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance: Provides a lump-sum benefit to help you pay for costs in the event you (or a covered family member) are hospitalized.
- Accident Insurance: Provides a lump-sum benefit to help you (or a covered family member) pay for costs for a covered injury and related services
- 401(k) Plan: Retirement plan into which you can make before-tax, Roth and after-tax contributions; company match is available along with a wide range of investment options
- Personalized Planning & Advice (PP&A): Assistance with 401(k) investment decisions and financial wellness
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Set aside before-tax dollars to use towards eligible dependent child or adult care services
- Legal Insurance Plan: Insurance plan that provides you with prepaid legal services to help you address a wide range of legal matters (i.e. home purchase, will creation, small claims court, dispute with a home contractor, and much more)
- Home and Auto Insurance: Special group rates and discounts on protection of your home, car and other personal property
- Commuter Benefit: Pay for your commuting expenses through before-tax payroll deductions
- Pet Insurance: Plan that reimburses you for expenses incurred for covered services
- Vacation days: 20 days and you are eligible to earn more based on your years of service
- Holidays: 9 paid days that coincide with the national holidays when our US offices are closed, plus one floating holiday of your choice
- Volunteer Days: Two days per year to volunteer
- Unsick Day: One paid day off to visit the doctor when you are not sick
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave: Up to 16 weeks of paid leave for the primary caregiver, and up to 2 weeks of paid leave for the secondary caregiver
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Free confidential support, including access a network of professional counselors, and referrals on resources for everyday needs
- Adoption Assistance: Reimbursement for eligible expenses related to adopting a child
- Education Assistance: Provides financial assistance for outside education to enable team members to achieve greater results in their current position and/or to prepare team members for future assignments within Dun & Bradstreet
Company Core Values
- Data-Inspired - We’re passionate about the power of data. It’s at the heart of everything we do.
- Relentlessly Curious - We embrace the change in the world around us. We know it brings new problems to solve, new things to learn and new ways to grow.
- Inherently Generous - We succeed by helping others succeed. We openly share our time and talent, and we confidently welcome the help of others.