Senior Hardware Embedded Systems Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Dorchester, Boston, MA, USA
- Have a BS in ME, EE, CE or equivalent with > 8 years of relevant experience
- Solid track record of delivering hardware from concept to design and through mass production
- Have experience in product development of a IoT type of product
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Are proficient with interpreting requirements from multiple individuals into a workable concept
- Are an effective communicator (written and verbally)
- Can establish credible depth in your technical area of expertise
- Have experience working with overseas contract manufacturing in high volume IoT consumer product design
- Have deep technical expertise in embedded product design
- Solid debugging and problem solving skills, experienced in board bring-up
- Have knowledge of MCUs, CPUS and general embedded computing design
- Have knowledge of common IoT wireless protocols such as Wifi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, etc
- Value progress over perfection by delivering on time and on budget
- Be responsible for the engineering design and delivery of one of our security products
- Research the competitive and next generation landscape
- Dive deep into any area that could help our existing systems improve in quality or lower in cost
- Work closely with key stakeholders to distill core product features into functional specifications
- Work closely with device software and cloud software architects to design hardware that meets software functional needs
- Software and embedded system architecture design contribution
- Mechanical system architecture design contribution
- Generating hardware requirement specifications
- Maintaining a balance between compelling features, component longevity, time to market and cost
- Lead interdisciplinary efforts and teams to deliver on whole product development projects
- Propose innovative hardware/software solutions pertaining to reliability and cost reduction
Home security company
Simplisafe wants to make home security accessible to everyone
- Health Insurance - A comprehensive plan provides peace of mind for you and your family.
- Employee assistance program - Help through the difficult situations that come up at work and at home.
- Tuition reimbursement - We want you to keep learning, so we’ll cover part of your tuition.
- 401(k) - Saving for your future in the present.
- Unlimited vacation - Exempt employees take the time when you need it or want it. We mean it.
- Life and disability insurance - Coverage for when you need it most.
Company Core Values
- Customer obsessed
- Aim High
- No Ego
- One Team
- Life As We Climb
- Lean & Nimble