Research Associate: Cell Line Engineering
Posted on 9/20/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Academic background in topics such as cell cycle, epigenetics, cell fate, protein production, lipid uptake, metabolism, OR regulation of gene expression in eukaryotic cells
- Technical background in molecular biology
- Strong quantitative skills in statistical analysis applied to cells
- Positive attitude, growth mindset, curiosity, ability to learn quickly, overcome obstacles, and excel in a fast-paced work environment… while having fun!
- Effective project & time management, especially when managing large workloads
- Initiative to accomplish key tasks and pick up the slack
- Desire to work as a team player and build a diverse, inclusive, collaborative, communicative, and considerate work environment
- Excitement for the challenges and opportunities of a dynamic startup environment, and passion for cellular agriculture & the future of the company!
- How to apply your experience in genetic engineering, molecular biology, and cell biology to the production of next-generation seafood!
- How to design an appropriate approach to achieve company objectives in a fast-paced startup environment
- How to work with a fast-moving, interdisciplinary team working at the leading edge of several fields!
- Within 1 month you will have learned your way around the lab, performed several protocols once, and began several experiments. You will have defined your professional development goals for the next twelve months
- Within 3 months you will have mastered basic lab techniques within Wildtype's unique research environment. With the guidance of your scientific mentor, you will have completed your first set of transfections and analyzed the resulting cell lines for specific outputs
- Within 6 months you will have a deep understanding of how your work impacts company objectives, and contributed to the design of several experiments. You will be independently organizing your tasks and carrying out experiments to achieve goals on time at a high level of quality
- Within 12 months you will be able to articulate how your work directly impacts company milestones. Your skills will have been developed to the point where you could train a new hire on all of the protocols you regularly perform. You will routinely take the initiative to research topics independently and volunteer new ideas or approaches
- Experience with editing primary mammalian/animal/stem cells, high- throughput genetic screens, or synthetic biology is a plus
Cellular agriculture & seafood development technology
Wildtype's mission is to be able to sustainably meet the new demand on our food supply. They create new tools and harness the potential of cellular agriculture to grow seafood without relying on wild or farmed fish. They strive for healthier food and healthier oceans.
- Mentorship, educational reimbursement, and professional growth
- Health, vision, & dental coverage
- Commuter & culinary benefits package
- 401k matching
- Stock options
Company Core Values