Staff Network Engineer
Posted on 4/14/2022
Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
- Provide third level technical support to network support team to resolve network issues
- This is a position where your primary responsibility will be to troubleshoot end-to-end network issues between Visa and its partners and third parties
- Provide network design documentation to project teams, peers
- Provide engineering recommendations and service improvement plans for the corporate network infrastructure
- Strong communication skills
- Strong vendor management skills
- Analyze network activity and network problem trends to discover and prevent systemic errors
- Research, analyze and recommend the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance
- Assess network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business
- 6 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- Working knowledge of Python
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
- Cisco certification, Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years' working experience in network engineering
- Advanced understanding of Cisco routing and switching
- Expert level knowledge of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF,)
- Advanced level knowledge of Cisco VPN networking
- Advanced knowledge of Citrix Netscaler Access Gateways
- Broad knowledge of TCP/IP, MPLS, WAN, LAN and wireless networking
- Working knowledge of SASE solutions
- Working knowledge of Arista switching
- Working knowledge of Unified Communications and VOIP
- Knowledge of SD-WAN technologies
- Knowledge of automation tools
- Experience creating low-level network design documentation including detailed Visio diagrams
- Advanced process, planning, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication skills
Leading credit card company
Visa's mission is to remove barriers and connect more people to the global economy. The company provides end-to-end financial infrastructure.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Integrity: Doing well by doing right.
- People: Behind payments are people.
- Innovation: Pioneering with a purpose.
- Clients: Keeping clients in focus.
- Collaboration: Pulling ahead by pulling together.