Why We Exist
Every morning, 11,000 Americans wake up and begin their first day of retirement. While retirement should be an exciting, empowering, and fulfilling part of one’s life, the reality today is that retirement brings along with it a fundamentally new set of challenges that make it an overwhelming time for many.
At Chapter, we believe that the current infrastructure for retirement is broken, and we’re on a mission to fix it. We’ve started by building industry leading technology to solve the first major obstacle in retirement: navigating Medicare (healthcare coverage for retirees over 65). Our products help seniors sign up, choose an insurance plan, and leverage their plan after they are enrolled. And, unlike most Medicare advisors who only search plans that pay them, Chapter searches every Medicare option nationwide. This allows us to find savings and benefits that others miss.
But our ambition doesn’t stop with Medicare — we seek to transform the way that Americans navigate and experience retirement. If this sounds exciting to you, we’d love to speak with you.
About the Role
Chapter is looking for its second person to join the Finance team as a Strategic Finance Manager. This person will be ingrained in every business unit to optimize budgeting and forecasting. In this role, you will get to produce forecasts and business plans that incorporate all business units to consistently and accurately predict performance. You will establish cross-functional relationships with business leads to help guide them towards producing optimal outcomes, and you will leverage financial literacy to guide business leads to make better decisions.
The role requires someone who is highly analytical, strategic, a great communicator, and approaches problems in a structured manner. You’ll get substantial visibility, focus on the highest-priority business issues. This role will report into the Head of Finance.
How You’ll Contribute to Our Mission
- Help create scalable processes and controls to better integrate and refine forecasting and planning
- Build dynamic, detailed and scalable Excel-based financial models
- Partner cross-functionally to drive new initiatives and improve operating efficiency by creating detailed business cases
- Have exposure to top tier venture capital investors, both existing and prospective
- Leverage financial literacy to guide business leads; serve as critical link between operators, corporate and management
- Provide data-driven guidance to Investors and Executive Leadership (e.g. monthly reporting, Board presentations)
- This role can be in-office (NYC), hybrid or remote
- 4+ years of relevant experience in investment banking, private equity and/or Strategic Finance, FP&A, Business Operations at a Series A to C venture-based, high-growth technology company
- Have experience building and reviewing highly complex Excel models. You know how to quickly distill complex financial data into well-formatted, digestible outputs and analysis
- Intellectual curiosity coupled with a “roll up sleeves” attitude
- Comfortable with ambiguity and excited by the ever-changing priorities of a start-up
- Have (or want) experience working with operators on day-to-day execution to achieve targets and developing scalable processes
Chapter Offers All Employees the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision, premiums covered at 100% for full-time employees
- Unlimited PTO, a winter break shutdown, and paid holidays to encourage a healthy work-life blend
- $500 desk setup subsidy to set-up your unique home office
- $100/month health and wellness subsidy
- Partnerships with Talkspace (mental health support), Teledoc (telehealth), and OneMedical (concierge medicine)
- In-office lunch on Tuesdays/Thursdays, and a stocked office pantry
- Generous and competitive parental leave for all parents
- A beautiful NYC (SoHo/West Village area) office and a hybrid in-office policy — dogs welcome!
We think the salary for this role will be in the $110,000- $140,000, but it might vary depending on skills and experiences. If you think you’d be a good fit for the role, you should apply. All of our offers are based on our assessment of each individual’s unique skills and experience.
Chapter embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Chapter will provide any necessary accommodation during the recruitment and selection process to an employee or applicant with a disability.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.