System Engineer Intern
Posted on 12/9/2022
Arlington, VA, USA
- Must be enrolled in a four year or graduate engineering degree program
- Must be junior or senior status
- Preferred PGPA of 3.0 or higher
- The involvement of the stake holders in the design, such as the client and/or regulatory agency
- Requirement trace, verification and validation
- Coordination between disciplines
- Production of quality products including configuration control
- Development of studies to detail design calculations and drawings
- Importance of risk reduction
- How cutting edge technology is incorporated into the design, such as space, weight and services reservations to coordination of concurrent designs with manufacturers
- To always be looking for cost effective designs to reduce manning through automation, meet pollution control legislature requirements, improve safety, and reduce construction, operation and maintenance costs
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.