Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
As a technical leader of Electrode Development in the Advanced Manufacturing team at Form Energy, you will be responsible for leading a team of innovative equipment and process engineers in the manufacturing of our core electrode technologies. This involves developing robust, cost-effective production equipment that is scalable to gigawatts of production. As a key leader in our Advanced Manufacturing function, you will be responsible for driving innovation and development of our electrode manufacturing processes and equipment.
In this role, you will be tasked with building and leading a highly skilled electrode development team that is responsible for defining the methods and machines needed to manufacture our products at scale. You will work closely with our manufacturing operations teams to ensure that the solutions developed by your team are implemented effectively.
This opportunity is based out of Form Energy’s Eighty Four, PA location (Greater Pittsburgh Area). Relocation assistance available.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and lead a world-class electrode development function with expertise in all key process technologies used in Form Energy’s manufacturing plans
- Coordinate with cross functional teams including program management, facilities, manufacturing operations, EHS and others to deliver electrode production capability to the manufacturing organizations in line with organization goals
- Embody new manufacturing methods in scalable equipment sets with excellent capability to meet cost, quality, and throughput targets
- Develop and deliver low-volume equipment needed to support prototyping for next-generation R&D activities
- Lead manufacturability assessment, design for manufacturing, manufacturing cost modeling, and manufacturing partner qualifications for the cathode team
What You’ll Bring:
- 10 years manufacturing and equipment development experience for complex products that rely on some core materials technology
- Experience building and leading a world-class engineering team
- Management of custom equipment design and development internally and/or with equipment suppliers
- Experience in developing and commissioning fully integrated processing operations
- Experience in coating and high temperature manufacturing processes is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in driving down manufacturing costs while maintaining or improving product quality for complex electromechanical assemblies
- B.S. or higher in engineering or physical science(s)
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.