Posted on 11/2/2022
Toronto, ON, Canada
- 2+years of coding experience in a production setting writing clean, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages such as Scala, Python, Go, or Java
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical field required
- Experience with scaling large production systems is highly preferred
- Experience working with any of the following technologies; Terraform, Helm, Prometheus, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Spark, Flink and CI/CD
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders in engineering, data science, machine learning, and product
- Refine and maintain our data infrastructure technologies to support real-time analysis of hundreds of millions of users
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business and engineering requirements
- Own the data pipeline that surfaces 65B+ daily events to all teams, and the tools we use to improve data quality
- Support warehousing and analytics customers that rely on our data pipeline for analysis, modeling, and reporting
- Build data pipelines with distributed streaming tools such as Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, or Spark
- Ship quality code to enable scalable, fault-tolerant and resilient services in a multi-cloud architecture
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.