Santa Clara, California
6 month growth↑ 8%
1 year growth↑ 61%
2 year growth↑ 400%
- Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- 15+ years of relevant experience in customer engineering and field support for enterprise datacenter products
- Hands-on experience with x86 server bring up and deployment with hardware accelerators
- Strong analytical skills and past experience in reviewing enterprise system design
- Provide customer support and timely responses to customer queries
- Perform system design reviews for data center applications
- Work with OEM and ODM partners on system integration related to thermal, mechanical, electrical, PCIe, and other interconnect interfaces
- Understand system design and datacenter infrastructure requirements for AI workloads, develop reference configurations and technical guides
- Conduct the installation, configuration, and bring-up of server hardware
- Create product specifications, hardware design guides, application notes, and other supporting technical collateral
- Hands-on understanding of AI/ML infrastructure and hardware accelerators
- Automation Experience with Linux or Windows shell scripting, Python or Go
- Experience with leading AI/ML frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, ONNX, etc. and container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes
d-Matrix has fundamentally changed the physics of memory-compute integration with our digital in-memory compute (DIMC) engine. The “holy grail” of AI compute has been to break through the memory wall to minimize data movements. We’ve achieved this with a first-of-its-kind DIMC engine. Having secured over $154M, $110M in our Series B offering, d-Matrix is poised to advance Large Language Models to scale Generative inference acceleration with our chiplets and In-Memory compute approach. We are on track to deliver our first commercial product in 2024. We are poised to meet the energy and performance demands of these Large Language Models.The company has 100+ employees across Silicon Valley, Sydney and Bengaluru.
Our pedigree comes from companies like Microsoft, Broadcom, Inphi, Intel, Texas Instruments, Lucent, MIPS and Wave Computing. Our past successes include building chips for all the cloud hyperscalers globally - Amazon, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Alibaba, Tencent along with enterprise and mobile operators like China Mobile, Cisco, Nokia, Ciena, Reliance Jio, Verizon, AT&AT. We are recognized leaders in the mixed signal, DSP connectivity space, now applying our skills to next generation AI.
Hybrid, working onsite at our Santa Clara, CA headquarters 3 days per week.
AI Platform Applications Engineer - Tech Lead
d-Matrix is looking for an expert Hardware Applications Engineer to enable customers successfully deploy d-Matrix’s AI products & solutions in the datacenter, work with customers and internal teams to resolve hardware, firmware and software issues, and provide key technical collateral. This is a highly technical engineering role that is responsible for providing best-in-class support to our customers. We are looking for someone who has excellent interpersonal skills and who can understand, explain, and solve customer problems.
What You Will Do:
Provide customer support, including but not limited to guiding customers through the process of using tools and/or platforms, timely and accurate responses to customer queries, root cause analysis of customer issues, reproducing & resolving the same, escalating unresolved issues and providing timely workarounds.
Perform system design reviews for data center applications to ensure partner designs meet our guidelines.
Work with OEM and ODM partners on system integration related to thermal, mechanical, electrical, PCIe and/or other interconnect interfaces including out-of-band management services.
Understand system design and datacenter infrastructure requirements for AI workloads, develop reference configurations and technical guides.
Conduct the installation, configuration and bring-up of server hardware. Perform functional and performance validation testing.
Create product specifications, hardware design guides, application notes, and other supporting technical collateral.
What You Will Bring:
Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with 15+ years of relevant experience in customer engineering and field support for enterprise datacenter products
Hands on experience with x86 server bring up and deployment with hardware accelerators
Have strong analytical skills and past experience in reviewing enterprise system design
Professional-level interpersonal skills, including ability to adjust your communication to the technical level of the audience.
Hands-on understanding of AI/ML infrastructure and hardware accelerators
Automation Experience with Linux or Windows shell scripting, Python or Go
Outstanding communication and presentation skills
Experience with leading AI/ML frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, ONNX, etc. and container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
d-Matrix is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcomed and empowered to do their best work. We hire the best talent for our teams, regardless of race, religion, color, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, or veteran status. Our focus is on hiring teammates with humble expertise, kindness, dedication and a willingness to embrace challenges and learn together every day.
d-Matrix does not accept resumes or candidate submissions from external agencies. We appreciate the interest and effort of recruitment firms, but we kindly request that individual interested in opportunities with d-Matrix apply directly through our official channels. This approach allows us to streamline our hiring processes and maintain a consistent and fair evaluation of al applicants. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.