Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Menlo Park, CA, USA
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience, preferably in the software industry
- CPA and public accounting experience preferred
- Detailed understanding of GAAP, with technical accounting skills in equity, share-based compensation expense (ASC 718), and sales commissions
- Experience with managing people with a track record for coaching and development
- Working knowledge in NetSuite, Workday, FloQast
- Excellent organizational and verbal / written communication skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Partner with Payroll and HR team to ensure completeness and accuracy of compensation expense and related month-end accrual journal entries (bonus, payroll, payroll taxes, 401k, other benefits etc)
- Partner with Stock Admin team to analyze and prepare journal entries for stock based compensation expenses (ASC 718) and other equity related transactions
- Partner with Commissions team to review and prepare journal entries for sales commissions expense, month-end accruals, and capitalization (ASC 606)
- Partner with international accounting teams to ensure completeness of all employee-related costs on a consolidated level
- Prepare account reconciliations for compensation and equity related accounts, including equity rollforward
- Assist in preparation of financial statements (cash flow, shareholders' equity)
- Review and prepare monthly variance analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts for management review
- Work with the accounting team and business partners to continuously optimize and streamline the month end close process
- Assess, develop, and enhance the Company's accounting policies and procedures related to compensation accounting
- Partner with NetSuite admin team on the implementation of system enhancements and reporting initiatives to enhance ongoing automation
Data analytics for enterprises
Alation is a hyper-growth startup leading the Machine Learning Data Catalog space with an innovative product, passionate customers, and a team of people all working towards a common goal: to change the way people work with data.
- Health and wellness package
- Vacation and time off
- 401(k), performing bonus, and company equity
- Promote from within; lunch and learns
- Commuter benefit program, company outings, happy hours, certain meals provided
Company Core Values
- Move the Ball: Taking action, whether it’s effecting a partial solution or taking a small step forward instead of a big one.
- Listen Like You’re Wrong: Listening with an open mind, trying to understand others’ perspectives before sharing your own.
- Build for the Long-Term: Taking the time to lay solid foundations for future success.
- Measure Success Through Customer Impact: The team ultimately measures themselves by the impact they achieve. They strive for fairness and kindness in all interactions.