Butterfly Network’s vision is to enable a world in which all people, everywhere, get the right care, driven by the right clinical decisions at the right time. We reinvented ultrasound technology by creating the world’s first handheld, single-probe whole-body ultrasound system: the Butterfly iQ. This innovative technology reduces the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip.
Butterfly harnesses the advantages of AI and cloud computing to deliver advanced imaging that is easy-to-use and built for the digital era. The Butterfly iQ and next-generation Butterfly iQ+ have received CE Mark and FDA clearance, and are being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
The Staff Accountant will report to the Senior Accounting Manager and will be responsible for supporting all of Butterfly Network’s day-to-day accounting operations. Key responsibilities include executing the monthly close process, financial reporting, and performing accounting analysis. The successful candidate will help define and document procedures and controls for this newly formed accounting team and drive the creation of a scalable accounting platform for the Company.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Perform on-going reconciliation process in multiple functions including Fixed Assets and Depreciation, Prepaid Expenses, and Accounts Payable
- Perform regular revenue recognition cycle activities including validation of sales data, recording of revenue recognition and deferred revenue journal entries, and recording of non-standard activity
- Assist in reconciliation of Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold accounts
- Assist in identifying and explaining period-to-period variances within the Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts
- Support an efficient and accurate monthly accounting close process
- Ensure the financial statements are in compliance with GAAP and company policies and procedures.
- Assist with documentation and performance of internal controls over the financial reporting and accounting processes.
- Support the external audit process
- Perform a broad variety of tasks in support of the role and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years experience in a public accounting firm and/or private industry
- Understanding of US GAAP
- CPA or CPA track
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Working knowledge of NetSuite or other similar ERP systems
- SAAS and/or medical device industry experience
At Butterfly we offer a hybrid work environment. For most employees, this means part time in the office (two or more days a week). Based on functional responsibilities and equipment needs, certain roles will require full time on-site support, and select roles will be eligible to be remote.
Our offices offer kitchens stocked with snacks and beverages, comfortable work stations, and multiple opportunities to collaborate with your colleagues to build community
This is a hybrid position and will be based out of our office in Burlington, MA. Our office is located near the Burlington Mall in an area called ‘The District’. You’ll have access to community spaces, including an 8,000 SF state of the art fitness center and the OMMM Yoga and Meditation Studio.
Benefits and Perks
- Fully covered medical insurance plan (with dental & vision) - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being! We also quarterly fund an HSA account for all enrolled employees.
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program - we provide access to tools and resources to support your emotional health and day-to-day needs.
- 401k plan and match - we facilitate your retirement goals.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off + 15 Holiday Days a Year - recharge and come back ready to make an impact
- Parental Leave - for eligible employees, we provide a generous 10-week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy-related leave for birthing parents.
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we are only considering candidates who are legally authorized to work in the United States and who do not now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Butterfly Network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network is an E-Verify Company.
Butterfly Network is an equal opportunity employer. Regardless of race, traits associated with race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
#LI-KG #LI-JL #hybrid