Senior Android Developer
Posted on 8/13/2022
- Several years of experience in Android development
- Strong background building Android applications using Kotlin
- Enjoy keeping up to date with industry trends, guidelines, and the latest technologies within Android
- A customer advocate who is always looking to build the best for merchants
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in a dynamic/fast-paced environment
- Setting standards for mobile best practices across the wider Mobile SDK team
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills
- Familiarity with the Gradle build system is desirable
- Familiarity working with any CI/CD build system would be beneficial
- Working on our brand-new Issuing SDK and you'll have an opportunity to architect / design this SDK to scale it for the future
- Enhancing our Authentication (3DS) SDK for new merchants which includes native enhancements and bug fixes
- Championing Android SDK / App development best practices, coding conventions, and CI/CD integrations
- Working in the wider mobile team will give the chance to work on a large and complex domain, supporting many key pillars of the business
- Also supporting them through Architecture and PR reviews
- Working independently and handling multiple priorities, taking complete ownership of what you've built
- Questioning, 'what can we do better?' and have a curious mind that challenges the status quo
- Asserting the quality of your code with unit tests and automation tests
- Establishing best practices and processes for the engineering team's overall development
- Knowledge of payments is a plus, but not required
Global payments solution
Checkout.com’s mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. This mission inspires them to deliver innovative solutions that flex to needs, valuable insights that help get smart about payments' performance, and expertise their customers can count on as they navigate the complexities of an ever-shifting world.
- Work-life balance - Flexible working and plenty of time off to unwind. We’ll even give you your birthday off.
- Recognition - Peer recognition program and quarterly Hero Awards. We celebrate success together.
- Career development - Tailored career development and learning pathways. We’ll help you unlock your potential.
- Celebrating diversity - Internal community groups and cultural events. We celebrate our differences.
- Staying healthy - A global wellness programme and private health insurance. We support your wellbeing.
- Security for the future - Comprehensive plans for you and your loved ones. We’ll take care of you.
- Giving back - Employee-led community outreach, payroll giving and a volunteering day. We care about your causes.
Company Core Values
- Aspire. Anything can be built
- Excel. Go above and beyond
- Unite. We’re greater together