Bms System Hil Technician
Posted on 3/8/2022
Irvine, CA, USA
- 3+ years of test and build technician experience in a rapid development environment
- Experience in setting up electrical and mechanical systems
- Understanding of how to debug complex systems
- Experience reading electrical schematics
- Proficient use of hand tools needed
- Proficient soldering skills
- Proficient system layout skills
- Experience working with engineering & technical groups
- Adapt and work within shifting and accelerated hardware & software deadlines
- Coordination skills to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks as dictated by their respective milestones
- Refactor your work effort to react to changing project status, based on new information
- Knowledge of connectors and how to use crimpers and extraction tools
- Experience working in a fast-paced lab environment
- Responsible for assisting engineers in the testing and debugging the HIL systems
- Build BMS HIL rack systems per schematics
- Install and debug various hardware & components
- Create ECU enclosures per spec
- Create harnesses per spec
- Construct test system wiring per spec
- Use hand tools proficiently
- Maintain and keep all ECU part revisions current on HILs
- Research & source hardware, connectors, pins, etc. as needed for the HILs
- Operate laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, Digital Multimeter, CAN bus devices, frequency generators, Arb generators, voltage supplies, etc
- Prototype and mockup system solutions from engineering schematic/drawings, including electrical assembly work
- Feedback testing difficulties and potential design enhancements to engineering teams
- Work around high voltage systems within Rivian safety standards
- Maintain lab space, parts bins, lab equipment in orderly manner
- Meet safety standard and regulations while performing duties is expected
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team