Intern – Marketing Communications
Posted on 3/15/2023
Greenwich, CT, USA • New York, NY, USA
- Experience in and passion for resource and environmental management and sustainability
- In-depth experience in research, benchmarking and analysis; and identifying and providing fresh perspective on resource management trends and innovation
- Depth of knowledge and confidence to bring forward compelling topics for thought leadership that distinguish and elevate the Xylem brand. Ability to develop ideas into fulsome thought leadership materials that advance knowledge among key stakeholders
- Ability to interview and interface with senior leaders within and outside the organization
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and is comfortable with engaging others and asking questions
- Has good technical and organizational skills
- Is fluent in social media and can create digital content
- Has the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Experience working directly with senior business, marketing and communications executives
- Gain a deeper understanding of solutions and products in the utility market
- Exposure to and an understanding of integrated marketing programs and how they support the business
- Provide a key role in driving Xylem thought leadership and helping the enterprise advance the global conversation about solving water through industry-leading technologies and innovation
- Identify, analyze and track key trends for use in key thought leadership collateral
- Brainstorm new and compelling ways to tell the story of how Xylem is driving the digital transformation of water
- Assist corporate marketing and communications in developing thought leadership materials across platforms: print, digital, video, etc
- Help organize and align thought leadership assets across key areas of the business. Maintain and keep up to date event documents and agendas
- Other tasks as assigned
- Is attending an accredited University studying toward a Bachelor's degree in Business/Marketing, or a related field. A background in environmental science and/or public policy is a plus
Innovative water solutions
Xylem helps consumers solve water. The company works to bring clean water, sanitation and hygiene education to schools and communities in emerging markets, and respond with water solutions when disaster strikes around the globe
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Company Core Values
- Respect: for each other, for diversity of people and opinions, for the environment
- Responsibility: for our words and actions, for customer satisfaction, for giving back to our communities
- Integrity: for acting ethically, for doing what we say we’ll do, for having the courage to communicate with candor
- Creativity: for thinking beyond boundaries, for anticipating tomorrow’s challenges, for unlocking growth potential