Field Security Specialist
Posted on 12/8/2022
Development Operations (DevOps)
- 4+ years of customer-facing experience in a technical capacity(for example, but not limited to, sales or solution engineering, technical product management or software development)
- 2+ years of software development, engineering, architecture or technical support experience
- 2+ years working within a DevOps (or DevSecOps) team
- 1+ years working within a security team (or working closely with a security product and a strong passion for application security)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time as and when it is safe to do so
- Have a can-do attitude with a desire to be a strong team player
- Team-oriented and possess strong collaboration skills
- Confident and proven communication skills (written and/or verbal, e.g. internal/external speaking events, blogging, conference talks, podcasts, published content)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Able to relate technical concepts to customers of all technical backgrounds
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle and related tools
- Specific knowledge about application security processes such as static analysis testing, and security principles
- Knowledge of common security flaws such as cross-site scripting, ability to explain them and familiarity with best practices to avoid them
- Ability to present vision and strategy to CxOs as well as have deeply technical discussions with Engineering leads
- Flexibility and skill to adapt conversations or messaging on the fly regardless of the participants
- Familiarity with the Challenger sales methodology such as MEDDPICC or Command of the Message (not an expected requirement)
- Learn about customers' successes and challenges
- Bring insights to your efforts that cross territories, regions, and industries
- Participate in working groups, panels, and industry forums to share your insight
- Understanding of application SAST/DAST principles, varieties of vulnerabilities and market landscape
- Strong knowledge of the security community and application security in general
- Collaborate with the GitHub Security Labs team, the Open Source community and GitHub's Enterprise customers to create the best analysis libraries possible
- Be able to communicate the details, direction, and technical design of the GitHub Advanced Security product to customers and fellow GitHub employees such as sales representatives and solution engineers
- Show customers the “art of the possible” when it comes to developer-first security
- Build and develop solutions to support customers in their journey to adopting GitHub Advanced Security. (e.g. software prototypes and open source solutions)
- Act as an Advanced Security escalation point for regional customers as well as Sales team members
- Help foster a world-class sales experience for our sales team when it comes to selling GitHub Advanced Security. Drive automation and streamlined processes
- Passionate about software, technology and security
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) architecture, GitHub Actions, tools and workflows
- Experience with either Python, TypeScript or Go
- Experience with Query languages; query optimisation; code generation
- In-depth experience in application security concepts such as static analysis, dynamic analysis, control flow, data flow, information flow, security analysis, program transformation, taint analysis and taint tracking
Open-source code hosting
GitHub is on a mission is to build a global platform for developer collaboration. The company operates an open-source coding hosting and collaboration platform
- A diverse and inclusive workplace - At GitHub, we think that a diverse company is a strong company, and we work hard to foster a supportive and welcoming workplace. Learn more about our commitment to diversity.
- Work happier - Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Lead from any location - GitHub is a remote-first company with offices located throughout the US, Europe, and Asia. Whether you live near an office or not, GitHub believes you can do your best work wherever you are. If you work remotely, you will receive a stipend to outfit your home office and receive reoccurring reimbursement refreshes.
- Put your health and family first - You’ll enjoy 100% coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings, including coverage for dependents. We also offer five months of paid family leave to all new parents with the option to use it all at once or throughout the baby’s first year.
- Find your zen - GitHub provides a monthly wellness stipend designed to cover anything from gym memberships, massage, meditation apps, or any other wellness related expenses.
- Invest in your future - At GitHub, you’ll have a stake in the future success of our platform with equity grants. For full-time employees, we offer competitive 401k planning with a 50% company match up to the IRS 402(g) annual limit.
- Keep growing - Learn how you learn best. From books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.
- Give back to your community - We believe in sharing our time, resources, and products to contribute to positive social impact. GitHub matches charitable donations up to $15,000 per calendar year. And for each hour (up to 40 hours) of volunteering per year, you will receive $20 to donate to an organization of your choice.
Company Core Values
- Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
- Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
- Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
- Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
- Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.