Software Build and Release Engineer
Posted on 5/20/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Gradle based build automation and CI systems like TeamCity, Jenkins or Bamboo
- Prior release engineering experience
- Hands-on experience with Git and enterprise source control systems like Bitbucket
- Experience in doing merges across repositories and resolving merge-conflicts
- Scripting skill using Python and bash
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Plan, coordinate, automate, and complete releases
- Communicate release schedules, content, and status with developers, QA engineers, product managers, and program managers
- Document and review release processes
- Work with key collaborators to resolve build, automated test, and release issues
- Working with REST APIs
- Docker and Kubernetes (K8s)
- Experience with, or curiosity about, release process automation
Recurring revenue software
Guidewire's mission is the be the platform insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. The company is building a data-backed insurance solution.
- Financial: Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
- Health & Wellness: Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
- Flexible Working: Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
- Downtime: Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
- Continual Development: We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
- Career Mobility: Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.
- Integrity: We build and maintain honest, candid, and caring relationships with clients, potential customers, partners, investors, and of course, each other!
- Rationality: All we do is supported by factual evidence—whether it’s building awesome products, making decisions, or communicating with each other.
- Collegiality: We’re in it together—so we’re all equal. We work in professional harmony, with respect, without arrogance, and as part of a structure where responsibility is shared and owned by all of us.