Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
Posted on 2/19/2022
Development Operations (DevOps)
- A solid understanding of the fundamentals of data engineering and engineering at scale, including concepts like version control, code review, infrastructure-as-code, ELT, 'nix systems, microservice architectures, cloud computing and deployment, CI/CD systems, and Git
- Years of experience on a data platform, platform, operations, infrastructure, SRE, or a similarly-shaped team
- Someone who understands the importance of shipping early and often, and has demonstrable experience working and delivering iteratively
- An enthusiastic and effective communicator who is comfortable with technical and non-technical audiences alike
- On-call rotation experience
- Make sizable contributions to data platform projects, in collaboration with the rest of the team, ranging from building pipelines and data models to maintaining monitoring and alerting
- Take the lead on medium-to-large sized initiatives and OKRs
- Proactively identify and resolve future technical risk
- Meet with partners from across the company to help facilitate their data needs, and listen to them on how to make our platform better
- Participate in our on-call engineering rotation
- Proficiency with Snowflake, dbt Cloud, Fivetran, and Airflow
- Experience working remotely and with a fully distributed team and company
- Folks who model good work/life balance
CircleCI's mission is to manage change so software teams can innovate faster. We want to empower technology-driven organizations to do their best work – and make engineering teams more productive and innovative by managing change. The company operates a CI/CD platform for enterprises.
- Working remotely at CircleCI - Whether it’s a peaceful home or a house full of kids, roommates, or pets, your office can be where you need it. CircleCI has been a remote-first company since the beginning. We’ll ensure you stay well-connected with your teammates every day through tools like Zoom, Slack, Confluence, Google Suite, and GitHub. We also provide a home office stipend to help you do your best work.
- Health and wellness - Regardless of location, we prioritize the health and wellness of our employees and their families. In addition to unlimited PTO, we offer generous parental leave and benefits that can cover employees and dependents up to 100%. We also offer quarterly wellness days, a free Calm subscription, wellness reimbursement, and Cleo for new parents.
- Professional development - At CircleCI, employees have ample opportunity to learn new skills, including project-based learning and presentations from our colleagues. Udemy is available for on-demand learning and we offer an annual stipend for personal development outside of CircleCI. Your continued professional development is important to us because it’s important to you.
- Inclusive, empathetic, and respectful
- Open and transparent
- Quick and continuous
- Aligned, empowered, and accountable