Third Party Risk Manager
Posted on 11/22/2022
Washington, DC, USA • Remote in USA
- 8+ years relevant experience in risk/compliance, vendor management, third party risk management and/or related discipline
- Working knowledge of Vendor Management, regulatory compliance (e.g. FFIEC Appendix J, ISO 22301, ISO 27001, SOX, SOC II, as they relate to Vendor Risk Management) activities
- Demonstrated experience designing, building, and managing vendor management (VM)/TPRM programs; performing and leading third party risk assessments
- VM/TPRM experience in any of banking, consulting, or cryptocurrency required; Experience in a RegTech or Fintech company is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex issues in a clear, concise and impactful way
- Strong attention to detail and achieving results, with an emphasis on how work is being accomplished
- Excellent ability to investigate, analyze, and interpret data
- Interest and passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it
- Experience working hands-on and collaboratively with other cross-functional team leaders, such as lawyers, engineers, security professionals, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in improving risk management processes and systems
- Experience and comfort working in an ever-changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite preferred
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- Leading build-out of Third Party Risk Management and Oversight Program in alignment with stakeholders across the organization and related processes (procurement, legal, security, etc.)
- Driving a holistic and consistent approach to the program and aligning with the Risk Management Framework and relevant regulatory guidance adhering to third party requirements
- Leveraging experience to evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness and execution of program and the internal controls; recommending and driving improvements or enhancements in alignment with internal strategies, industry best practices, standard security frameworks, and regulatory guidance
- Being accountable for oversight of vendor risk assessments, vendor risk methodologies, periodic monitoring, process documentation, risk remediation, and reporting (both internal and external)
- Conducting vendor performance monitoring to proactively identify issues and work with Circle stakeholders and third parties as appropriate to track the risk remediation through closure including assisting the business in creating either formal Mitigation Plans or Issues
- Contributing to the implementation of tools and automation to support effective management and oversight of third party risk and mature processes to scale the program
- Maintaining both individual vendor views as well as an aggregate view of risk across all third parties, including linkage to other operational risks for a holistic understanding of risk landscape
- Developing Key Performance and Key Risk Indicator and other metrics and regular reporting to measure and track compliance, risk, and the effectiveness of the program including regular and ad hoc reporting to internal as well as external stakeholders such as regulators
- Maintaining presentation materials to provide program overview, updates and results to committees, key partners and third parties
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships based on trust and transparency with primary business stakeholders and third-party contacts
- Providing support and input for related audits or examinations from internal/external parties and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to ensure findings are appropriately remediated
- Providing on-going consulting and subject-matter expertise; developing and delivering training to build awareness of third party risks and TPRM processes
- Support the company's commitment to risk management and protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems and data
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
Company Core Values
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.