Data Security Engineer
Posted on 12/2/2021
Mountain View, CA, USA
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team's and company's interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- Decision-maker with the ability to operate with freedom and autonomy
- Experience working with distributed teams and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to manage competing priorities and workload
- Ability to code fluently in Python, Java or Go
- Collaborate with engineering teams to harden our data infrastructure as we build first class tooling around data access
- Provide subject matter expertise in the domain of data security to the rest of engineering
- Design and apply data security and privacy best practices in the environment - including but not limited to data classification, data lineage, data tokenization, and data minimization
- Implement necessary telemetry and tooling for effective monitoring of sensitive data access, across all components of our data infrastructure
- Build and maintain data access policies that are effective, auditable and scalable
- Develop detection strategies to identify anomalous activity and ensure that our data infrastructure and most importantly, our data remains in a safe environment
- Contribute to strategy, risk management and prioritization for all efforts around data security
Full-scale data streaming platform
Confluent's mission is to create a new paradigm for real-time data streaming to help organizations set data in motion. The company builds tech-enables data manipulation tools.
- Best Teammates on Planet Earth - Loving your job has a lot to do with the people around you. Luckily at Confluent, you will find some of the most genuine people who make you excited to come to work each day.
- Adjustable Working Arrangements - While most of our employees work typical business hours, we encourage everyone to partner with their manager to make a schedule that works best for them and Confluent.
- Robust Benefits - Health and wellness is important and Confluent is proud to offer a total benefits program that ranks in the top percentile of companies similar in size to our industry in our established geographies.
- Rest and Recharge Days - Personal time off is great but it is even better when your whole team has the day. Each quarter, teams have three recharge days where the entire team logs off and refreshes before coming back to work.
- Weekly Lunch Spend - At Confluent, we have a weekly lunch program called “No Pay Thursday.” On Thursdays, lunch is provided by Confluent at local restaurants and grocery stores, taxes may apply for some countries.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) - Confluent employees work really hard to meet the needs of our growing and scaling business. To make sure that we don’t burn out, we encourage everyone to balance their PTO in an adequate way.
Company Core Values
- Earn Our Customers' Love
- To Build a Great Company, Build a Great Team
- Smart, Humble, and Empathetic
- Be Fired up and Get It Done
- Tasteful not Wasteful
- One Team