Hardware Systems Reliability Engineer
Posted on 12/7/2022
San Jose, CA, USA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- The passion and ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo
- Willingness to work in a fast-growing company with huge potential
- Fluent proficiencyin English
- Relevant work experience troubleshooting enterprise grade hardware solutions
- Preferred work experience troubleshooting Networking (preferably layer 2/3), Linux Systems (preferably CLI administration), Storage Analysis
- BS in Engineering or CS (or equivalent technical degree and 2+ years of workexperience)
- Remotely troubleshoot and diagnose customer hardware issues encountered in the field
- Improve serviceability of the product by testing new platforms and developing tools to scale our field service and auto-support infrastructure
- Identify patterns and proactively engage Escalation and Engineering teams to identify next to avoid and minimize risks in field
- Define and drive changes to our platform with our engineering team based on feedback from customers and field experience
- Work with OEM and services partners (ex. DELL/EMC, HPE, Lenovo) to resolve issues and push improvements in our ecosystem
- Collaborate with our hardware service partners (Flash Logistics, NCR) to manage and coordinate shipping and on-site services
- Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge bases
- Collaborate with peers, uplift the team and work across organizational boundaries to facilitate services
- Provide support on weekdays and also off hours on an as needed and scheduled rotational basis
- Be a champion for our customers. Go above and beyond to support their business and use of the Nutanix stack
Nutanix’s mission is to simplify IT infrastructure management. The company is building a software platform to help organizations manage hybrid multicloud environments.
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Robust medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid volunteer time off and donation matching
- Speed coaching and professional development
- Wellness perks and flexible time off to recharge
Company Core Values
- Be valued - Our team spans different cultures and experiences. We care for our people and value what makes us each unique.
- Make your mark - Our market is large and expanding. Grow your career and make an impact as we work toward our big goals.
- Pioneer change - We embrace change, push boundaries, and give back. We drive positive change for our customers, community, and world.