CH-47 Chinook - Avionic/Electrical Aircraft Technician
BDUKL - United Kingdom
GBR - Middle Wallop, UK, GBR - RAF Odiham, UK
Job Description Qualifications:
The person chosen to fill this position will form part of an MRO modification, maintenance and repair team. They will also perform maintenance activities, fault diagnosis and disturbed system functional tests. This may be at multiple locations. They will work with their peers to perform tasks associated with aircraft safe handling, maintenance, modification and flight test. Candidate will be responsible to ensure established process adherence, accurate and timely work recording and contractual/regulatory compliance. Candidate must be able to work under minimal supervision with limited direction.
- Disassembles systems components to support the correction of failures or implement changes.
- Performs routine troubleshooting of pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
- Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components.
- Inspects component before installation or usage to verify cleanliness and serviceability of components.
- Fabricates and modifies aerospace products according to specifications. Performs tasks associated with the safe handling of a aerospace vehicle (e.g. jacking, towing, system operations). Works under general supervision.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance (SC) for which UK residency is required. All information will be checked and verified.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
- This person must have served a recognized relevant trade apprenticeship or trade training equivalent.
- Candidate must have knowledge of general aircraft maintenance and environment processes (FOD control, tool control, health & safety & COSHH.
- Successful candidates must be experienced in either the maintenance, modification and repair of aircraft and components, and/or aircraft wire harness manufacture and installation.
- Previous experience on rotary wing or CH47 Chinook aircraft is desirable, but not necessary.
- The role requires an individual who is a good communicator, capable of understanding and interpreting technical work requirements, documents and drawings.
- Candidate must have an understanding of MAA Regulatory Articles (RA), MAA Regulatory Publication (MRP) Part 145, aviation Quality Assurance (QA) and Safety Management System (SMS).
What Boeing offers you
As a BDUK employee, you will have the freedom to choose a healthy work-life balance through flexible working arrangements, incentive programmes and access to a range of resources and tools to support your growth and wellbeing.
This includes our industry-leading Boeing Learning Together program which offers generous funding to help you enhance your skills — and learn new ones — at hundreds of accredited colleges and universities across the globe.
The Boeing benefits package goes above and beyond, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Competitive salary and annual incentive plans
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- 23 days plus UK public holidays and a Winter Break between Christmas and New Year.
- Pension Plan with up to 6% employer contribution
- Short Term Sickness: 100% pay for the first 26 weeks
- Long Term Sickness: 66.67% of annual salary from 27th week
- 3x annual salary life insurance
- Learning Together Programme to support your on-going personal and career development
- Access to Boeing’s Well Being Programs, tool and incentives
- 6 weeks paternity leave
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
No relocation available
Export Control Requirement:
This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award Program
This position is not contingent upon program award
Individual Contributor - B