Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Brownsville, TX, USA • West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of experience working in a supply chain, production, or engineering function
- Experience reading drawings and blueprints
- Technical knowledge in a commodity (e.g. sheet metal, machining, hardware, soft goods, raw material etc.)
- Experience in sourcing from a global supply base using various contractual models
- Proven success working on cross-functional new product introduction projects, completing cost models, and negotiating
- Familiarity with ERP systems and purchasing/planning functions
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational problems
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Able to conduct all activities with the highest of integrity
- Understanding of block-chain powered supply chain platforms to boost efficiency, traceability, and payment processing speeds
- Must be able to travel - up to 35% work week travel may be required, including international travel
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to meet major milestones
- This position is based in Brownsville, TX or Hawthorne, CA and requires being onsite - remote work not considered
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis to formulate a strategic sourcing plan that identifies new/suitable suppliers, optimizes cost models and proactively ensures continuity of supply based on upcoming new product introduction campaign requirements
- Manage the supply base by continuously improving a precise supplier selection model and documenting purchase order award strategy on a commodity by commodity basis
- Ensure health of supply base by evaluating and selecting suppliers based on capability, quality, reliability, and price competitiveness
- Ensure supplier meets all critical measures of performance by consistently auditing capacity management systems and probability of successful on time delivery
- Analyze supplier operations to assess technical capability, equipment, and capacity for rapid deployment of new product development and long term production to implement a successful E2E product life cycle management strategy and process
- Direct and execute initiatives that support aggressive improvements in supplier quality, total cost effectiveness, enhanced service levels, improved coordination, delivery, pricing, lead-times, payment, risk compliance and other areas as identified
- Benchmark, track, and analyze annual performance metrics and sourcing trends against budget on a monthly basis to demonstrate continuous improvement and progress against strategic objectives
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders, understanding their needs and consulting with them to build quality procurement strategies aligned to business requirements
- Be the voice of reason and push engineering to make sound design decisions that are conducive to a high performing supply plan
- Drive make vs. buy decisions for new products, implement the strategy across the product lifecycle from development, qualification, first article runs through stable production
- Execute RFIs and RFPs, document bid events through correspondence to suppliers; conduct supplier negotiations and ongoing contract management
- Coordinate with engineering and quality organizations to determine cause of rejected material and to drive appropriate changes to ensure elimination/reduction of those quality issues
- Administer multimillion dollar contracts and independently negotiate supplier's contract terminology, pricing, technical requirements, scope and terms involving responsibility, liability, indemnification, intellectual property and export compliance
- Execute purchasing transactions by issuing purchase orders for flight-focused Starship requirements
- Consult/advise buyer/planners on strategies and tactics to ensure their success and development
- Provide high-level oversight and support to ensure operational success in tactical procurement execution
- Conduct director-level supply base health and performance scorecard and ensure executive support for the supply base management plan
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.