Financial Reporting Manager
Posted on 3/17/2023
- Active CPA license; Bachelors or Masters degree in accounting
- 6+ years of public company financial reporting experience within financial services / banking industry, either in industry at a public company or a mix of Big 4 auditor of public companies and industry experience
- Strong technical accounting skills, attention to detail and ability to communicate and work cross-functionally
- Proactive mindset and ability to work independently, while also operating as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to work within a deadline-driven environment and manage multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Strong work ethic and drive to “get to the truth”
- Experience managing people, either directly or indirectly
- Depending on the location of the candidate, some travel on a quarterly basis, as necessary
- Play an integral role in the Company's preparation of its consolidated financial statements and footnote disclosures on a quarterly and annual basis under public company accounting standards
- Complete disclosures and prepare relevant support for complex accounting areas, which may include earnings per share, segment reporting, derivatives and equity
- Review other disclosure areas prepared by senior and staff accountants; assist in team member development
- Prepare and/or review disclosure checklists to ensure all disclosure requirements are met; research disclosure requirements and stay abreast of new pronouncements impacting disclosures
- Review financial statement tie-outs for the financial statement audit and review procedures
- Contribute to the team's efforts to enhance its financial reporting processes and procedures through the use of tools, automation, and alignment with cross-functional teams, such as the regulatory reporting team
- Support the Senior Director, Financial Reporting on adhoc tasks, which may include peer company analysis, ERP system management, regulatory reporting support, investor relations support, proxy statement, etc
- Serve as a point of contact for external auditors on financial statement disclosure questions
- Wdesk/Wdata experience
- Proficient writing skills
- Located in a city with a SoFi office (e.g. San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Dallas, Jacksonville, NYC)
Lender and financial services provider
SoFi’s mission is to help people reach financial independence to realize their ambitions.
- You’re taken care of. SoFi employees receive comprehensive health, vision, dental, life insurance, and disability benefits—as well as flexible time off, fitness, fertility, and family planning options.
- Realize your ambitions. We want to help our employees achieve financial freedom, just like our members. That’s why we contribute $200 per month toward your student loans to help pay down your debt—plus free financial classes.
- Never stop learning. We offer frequent training, mentorship opportunities, and leadership programs to develop our people. We also cover tuition costs for approved programs, up to $5,250 per year.
Company Core Values
- Put our members’ interests first.
- Run after problems.
- Embrace diversity. Everyone should feel welcome, included and able to contribute.
- Get to the truth and make principle-based decisions.
- Make your footprint bigger than your foot.
- Do the right thing. If you’re not sure, do the harder thing.
- Set ambitious goals, be gritty, be accountable.
- Take care of other people and help them grow.
- Iterate, learn, innovate.
- Be SoFi missionaries.
- …and don’t forget to smile.