Sr. Manager, Internal Content & Creative Services
At Toast, our purpose is to enrich the food experience for all. We are a rapidly growing tech company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Our Internal Communications and Employee Engagement team is hiring a Sr. Manager, Internal Content & Creative Services to continue cultivating a culture of connection and belonging across Toast! We’re looking for a well practiced content practitioner with a deep knowledge of platform excellence to connect Toasters with inspiring written and multimedia campaigns. Reporting into the VP of Internal Communications & Employee Engagement, you will be our in-house “Editor In Chief” of our employee intranet (The Pantry) and lead a small team of creative, savvy, and energetic designers and storytellers.
The ideal candidate brings impeccable storytelling with an excitement to write new content for internal audiences, experience managing creatives, a passion for building, and a keen eye for strong website layouts. You are obsessed with effective project management, premium digital content, and restaurants!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Develop and lead content strategy (written, multimedia, design) for our employee intranet, The Pantry, and continuously captivate internal audiences with cutting edge, mission-centered storytelling that connects Toasters to our business and each other.
- Ensure strong presentation of The Pantry on an ongoing basis. Manage content initiatives from ideation to execution with strong project management skills and attention to detail. You will set timelines for projects and delegate against team bandwidth. This includes managing The Pantry’s content calendar, bi-annual magazine, and ad hoc requests.
- Build Toast’s internal brand while partnering PR, Marketing, and Employer Brand to align with our external strategy, brand standards, and tone.
- Develop, coach, and mentor an all-star team of creatives. Seek to lift them up in everything you do.
- Partner with external production teams to plan offsite filming on a quarterly basis (with travel as needed, approximately 10-15% of the time).
Do you have the right ingredients? (requirements)
- Typically requires 5+ years of content, communications, or marketing experience with proven ability to create, manage, and scale a content marketing program; and at least 2+ years of experience managing a team of creatives
- Knowledge of best practices for editorial content at scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication, a storyteller at heart
- You are a self-starter: solutions oriented mindset, with the ability to pivot when needed
- Strong teamwork & cross-functional collaboration skills
- Organized and detail oriented, with a strong desire to express their creativity
Special Sauce* (Nice to Haves)
- Editorial, Content Marketing, Internal Communications, & Design background preferred
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Flexible paid time off
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional development reimbursement program
- Commitment to employee wellbeing through resources such as a quarterly wellness stipend and mental health benefits
- Parental leave
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Core health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Subsidized backup childcare
*We love a great bread/food pun
The base salary range for this role is listed below. The starting salary will be determined based on skills and experience. In addition to base salary, our total rewards components include cash compensation (overtime, bonus/commissions if eligible), equity, and benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].