Sr. Functional Safety Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Carson, CA, USA
- MS or BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Systems & embedded systems design experience with functional safety engineering background
- 5+ Years of experience in systems or hardware with a functional safety engineering background in ISO 26262 part - 4,5 6, 8 and 11
- Understanding of the systems design architecture of DC-AC Inverters, DC-DC Converters, AC-DC Power Electronics applications
- Understanding of the hardware electronics and software architecture design of DC-AC Inverters, DC-DC Converters, AC-DC Power Electronics applications
- Understanding of the electronic and software design timelines and process flow
- Knowledge of failure modes and failure effects of electronic hardware design with prior experience of performing hardware FTAs, FMEDAs at the component level
- Knowledge of failure modes and failure effects of the software architectural design with prior experience of performing software safety analysis including ASIL decomposition, freedom-from-interference analysis, and dependent failure analysis, Preferred (Optional): SW FTA, SW FMEDA
- Perform and document safety analysis on the electrical hardware and software architecture design to address safety anomalies
- Conduct, review, and document FTA, FMEA & FMEDA's for electrical hardware design
- Conduct, review, and document software safety analysis for software architecture design
- Develop SW architecture for safety including ASIL decomposition, freedom-from-interference analysis, and dependent failure analysis
- Support reliability organization in deriving FIT rates for hardware components using IEC or Siemens standards
- Develop and document hardware safety concepts and requirements to provide safety electrical hardware design recommendations
- Develop and document software safety concepts and requirements to provide software safety design recommendations
- Develop upstream and downstream traceability between hardware, software, systems technical safety requirements and relevant test cases in traceability tool
- Define test details/case for hardware and software safety requirements including fault injections
- Support the systems, software, and hardware test team in executing test cases with troubleshooting
- Perform safety impact analyses on new projects or architectures
- Support vehicle functional safety team in development of technical safety requirements and hazard analysis risk assessment
- Develop safety analysis and requirements for IC's, FPGAs, and microcontrollers for systems, hardware, and software
- Maintenance of software and hardware safety requirements with implementation agreements
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team