We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, working together in person and choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we relentlessly pursue our goal of ensuring everyone feels safe in their own homes.
What You’ll Do:
As a Principal Mobile Software Engineer, you will help innovate and streamline how SimpliSafe builds and deploy applications that are being used by over 600k people every day. You will have the influence to drive the technical direction, be an advisor to development teams, and mentor Android, iOS, and Web engineers in their careers. Your mission will be to improve our ability to deliver high-quality software across 5 different teams working on shared front ends.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems
- Help guide the team in feature implementation from design to delivery in an iterative fashion
- Build and enhance existing components in our internal component library
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to your peers
- Advocate best practices and coding standards
What You’ll Need:
- 15+ years of software development experience
- 8+ years of native mobile development experience with some experience in both Android and iOS. React Native, JS/TS frameworks such as Angular, React etc a plus
- Experience with both Android and iOS development, understanding core concepts such as MVC, MVVM, Coordinators, UIKit, SwiftUI, Fragments, Compose
- 5+ years of Swift / Objective-C or Java / Kotlin
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of helping to improve the operational efficiency of teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills with the ability to understand, debug and identify technical issues and provide fixes
What Values You’ll Share:
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for customers and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging oneself and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - “no job too small” attitude, and open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - A track record of investing in developing others and helping others succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often-ambiguous environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Likewise, we are committed to full support of qualified individuals in hiring and employment. In keeping with this commitment, we will work with qualified individuals with disabilities to assess whether a reasonable accommodation may be provided to perform the essential functions of their role, absent undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected].