Posted on 11/9/2023
National advisory and accounting firm with global reach
GHJ is a nationally recognized advisory and accounting firm, distinguished for its personalized service and expertise in multiple sectors including nonprofit, food and beverage, entertainment, media, and health and wellness. The firm's commitment to helping clients and its employees thrive has earned it a place among the Top-100 Firms, 7th Fastest-Growing Firm, and Top Regional Leader in the West by Accounting Today. Leveraging its affiliation with HLB International, GHJ provides its clients with global reach and access to top firms in over 157 countries, while maintaining a high level of personalized service through its 21 partners and over 200 staff members.
Los Angeles, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -16%
1 year growth↓ -13%
2 year growth↓ -13%
New York, NY, USA
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field; CPA certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Strong understanding of non-profit accounting principles, fund accounting, and grant management.
- Proficiency in accounting software and advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in leading and developing a team of accounting professionals.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of non-profit organizations.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the accounting department, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger functions.
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and best practices.
- Prepare and present regular financial reports, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, to the management team and the board of directors.
- Coordinate and oversee the annual budgeting process, working closely with department heads to ensure accurate and realistic financial projections.
- Manage the organization's cash flow and forecasting, and provide recommendations for improving financial performance and efficiency.
- Monitor and analyze financial data to identify trends and potential areas for cost savings or revenue enhancement.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all financial audits and tax filings, in compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Supervise and mentor accounting staff, providing guidance, training, and performance evaluations to ensure a high level of productivity and professionalism.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide financial insights and support strategic planning initiatives.
- Stay updated on accounting best practices and regulatory changes that may impact the organization's financial operations.