Software Development Manager
Posted on 3/15/2023
Toronto, ON, Canada
Quality Assurance (QA)
- At least 7 years of direct experience in software engineering and 2 years of engineering management
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Excellent programming skills in Java or another object-oriented language
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Exceptional analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Passion for improving education through technology
- Manage and build a high-performance team
- Guide and mentor engineers and project leads to ensure a high level of work satisfaction, technical advancement, and progress towards individual career goals
- Make company initiatives, mission, goals, and values clear to each team member
- Work with project managers, designers, and QA to maintain and surpass product usability and quality standards
Online lessons for K-12 subjects
IXL is passionate about improving learning for all. They apply technology in thoughtful and innovative ways to unlock students' innate curiosity, creativity, and desire for knowledge.
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision
- Matching 401K retirement plan
- Flexible paid time off and sick days
Company Core Values
- Passionate - We strive to create a work environment where all employees are united in our goal to delight and impress our customers, and to foster a culture that helps all IXLers thrive.
- Tenacious - We seek out learning opportunities for ourselves, understand that feedback and mistakes are part of the process rather than something to fear, and embrace a growth mindset.
- Authentic - We are authentic, kind, and honest in our interactions with our colleagues. We ask questions and listen to each other. And, we have fun and find joy in our work and collaborations.