Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Pasadena, CA, USA
- Solid theoretical background in nanoscale optics and photonics
- Nanophotonic inverse design and optimization modeling
- Good understanding of computational optics and imaging
- Applied signal processing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Publications in relevant top venues
- PhD students in Electrical Engineering, Optical Physics or relevant fields
- Basic knowledge about metasurfaces, diffractive, Fourier and polarization optics
- Experience with Maxwell-solver (FDTD, FEM) and/or relevant optical design platform
- Hybrid, working onsite at our headquarters 3 days per week, with the flexibility to work remotely the remainder of your time
- Experience of nanophotonic design and computation imaging with Machine Learning/Deep Learning is a plus
One of the world's largest producers of electronic devices
Samsung's mission is to devote its talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society. Samsung produces a wide range of electronic devices and is ranked as a top 10 global brand.
- Comprehensive healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee assistance program, Telehealth services
- Work life success: PTO, FlexTime, FlexPlace, FlexYourFriday
- Financial wellness: Health savings account, Flexible spending acounts, 401(k), Student loan support, Tuition assistance
- Family first: Pregnancy support, Adoption assistance program, Paid child caregiver leave, Milk stork, WINFertility
- Incentives: Fitness reimbursement, Annual physical. Preventative screenings, Lifestyle management
Company Core Values
- People: Quite simply, a company is its people. At Samsung, we’re dedicated to giving our people a wealth of opportunities to reach their full potential.
- Excellence: Everything we do at Samsung is driven by an unyielding passion for excellence and an unfaltering commitment to develop the best products and services on the market
- Change: As we have done since our foundation, we set our sights on the future, anticipating market needs and demands so we can steer our company toward long-term success.
- Integrity: Operating in an ethical way is the foundation of our business. Everything we do is guided by a moral compass that ensures fairness, respect for all stakeholders and complete transparency.
- Co-prosperity: Samsung is committed to becoming a socially and environmentally responsible corporate citizen in all of its communities worldwide.