WIN-T INC 2 Baseband Technical Modernization Representative
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Fort Drum, NY, USA
- Bachelor's degree with 2 or more years hands on experience on related WIN-T systems. Additional directly related experience can offset the degree requirements
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Understands/familiar with Layer 2 concepts (VLANs, MAC Addressing)
- Understands/familiar with Layer 3 concepts (Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, DMVPN), IP subnetting)
- Understands/familiar with TCP/IP protocol model/OSI reference model
- Understands/familiar with command line interface and syntax of Cisco, Brocade, and Windows operating systems
- In support of specified Warfighter Readiness requirements, perform Total Package Fielding (TPF) functions IAW AR and DA PAM 700-142 with the gaining unit/organization in CONUS/OCONUS at unit home stations, TDY locations, and/or during field missions
- Travel to customer locations to assess unit equipment fielding needs and provide unique systems configurations/solutions to match the fielding requirements and ensure operability
- Interface directly with Government customers as the primary technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) on WIN-T INC 2 systems
- Maintain a "Face to Face" presence with internal and external customers to ensure support elements are responding to unit requirements
- Represent parent/supported organization, and at meetings, provide continual communication on situations, pro-actively identify and resolve problems before they become critical
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with partners and unit representatives to identify, quantify, their requirements, and develop practical solutions
- When applicable, provide follow-up communication with written direction and feedback
- Clearly communicate, orally and in writing, discussions, meetings, IPRs, IPTs, briefings, & through electronic media on a reoccurring basis
- Represent parent/supported organization by attending required meetings, briefings and conferences as requested and reporting results back to GTL
- Perform joint system check out of each system installation as required
- Conduct technical analysis for system implementations, modifications, and potential enhancements
- Perform de-installations, installations, and handoffs for specified systems
- Compile and implement technical data procedures and software release patches for government customers
- Implement Field Technical Guide updates and/or Maintenance Work Orders as required
- Troubleshoot system problems and/or integration issues, determine system solution in accordance with customer needs, and recommend actions to customer for system solutions
- Perform engineering assessments of new equipment and software upgrades for integration into required systems
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.